High flow water pumps?

Googs

I've "GOT BOOST"!
Does anyone make a high flow water pump for our cars? Last summer I was having some cooling issues, to the point I couldn't run my a/c, & would like to fix the problem before it gets hot again. I did put a new 160 thermostat, duel FAL fans, Be Cool rad, & distilled water w/RMI & coolant in it when I put it back together (engine rebuild) last year. I'm also going to be doing a complete flush of the system here soon.

Be Cool makes a water pump that is supposed to move 40% more volume. I got one from Summit, they don't list it ,you have to call them or look online. Phil

FlowKooler

I run a FlowKooler and have had no cooling problems. You have to run their thick gasket or double felpro's.

If you are running hot, the water pump is NOT going to fix your problem. All the cars I service in the Phoenix area use stock-type pumps and have no issue with AC operating in the 110+ deg. summer temps.

More than likely your problem is not enough airflow over the radiator core. I have been able to run a stock water pump without the gasket on my current engine. I used gasket eliminator by loc-tite. The pump blade is approx. .030in closer to the cover without the gasket. Use modeling clay to be sure you have enough clearance. This will increase the volume when the thermostat is open. I have no idea how much though.

Its all in the radiator and fans. Dont waste your money on high dollar water pumps. My S2 motor used a stock water pump,camaro alum radiator with dual Spal fans. Temp after a 150 mph run was 187 deg. It was back to 160 on the drive back.

I appreciate all the input. The water pump idea is a last resort before taking the a/c completely out. Like I said before I'm going to do a good flush first & then i'm also going to be moving my aux trans cooler from out infront of the rad, then see where I'm at. If anybody can think of anything else though, please let me know, cause it's just to damn hot in the summers here to go without a/c.

It sounds like you have not driven the car with the new cooling mods you did. From the list you have, I can not see how it could go past the fan turn on.

If your list does not help, make a ram air box for your radiator and you can also box it in, that has to do something. I have a ram air thread in the library on the other buick board.

I appreciate all the input. The water pump idea is a last resort before taking the a/c completely out. Like I said before I'm going to do a good flush first & then i'm also going to be moving my aux trans cooler from out infront of the rad, then see where I'm at. If anybody can think of anything else though, please let me know, cause it's just to damn hot in the summers here to go without a/c.