AsphaltAnihil8r

Have no cat on the car ,,:) :eek:
Stanard
HC 2.00 GPM
CO 30.0 GPM

My readings
HC 6.86
CO 50.7

Will just putting on a Hi flow car help ,do you think I have Vacuum hose leaks...

Thanks for any help.

I usually don't recommend a cat until you get the readings somewhat close. Then you're not burning up a new cat. If you look at the results on the trace, are the emissions hovering around the pass/fail limits? Just make sure you cover all the basics, prior to installing a cat.

Originally posted by gofstbuick
Just make sure you cover all the basics, prior to installing a cat.
What are the basics that I should look for
Also do you have a fax machine I can send this to,if you have time to look it over:)

Basics mean ignition and fuel system are working efficiently. No codes or code history stored. O2 sensor switching (properly functioning O2 sensor makes cat work efficiently) fast and miantaining closed loop. EGR system working properly (or a slightly richer mixture if EGR not working properly). Plugged cooling systems will also affect NOx. I trust the person driving the trace does so smoothly, because I would think that trace vioaltions and correcting for those violations would also affect the emissions results. Fax to 916-255-1390 attn Joseph Cheung, or scan and email to joseph_cheung@dca.ca.gov

I wish I had a conversion for GPM to PPM and GPM to %. I think I got it right, had to do a little math. I suspect your engine is running rich. Maybe the FP is too high (are you using a AFPR)? What plug range are you running? What plug gap? Is the EGR valve factory? Because aftermarket EGR valves were never tested under the rigorious conditions of loaded mode emissions testing.

Cant remember the plugs ,43something gapped for high boost I did find the egr hose broken,,could that be my problem?
and the missing cat

The broken EGR hose may cause your HC problem, but the missing cat is causing most of the problems. The mixtures need to be somewhat rich to get the cat to stay lit. So installing a cat (even if it's temporary) may be what it takes to bring the emissions in.