Holy Grail ? Grand National

Fredz28

I have currently at the shop a 1982 Buick Grand National Turbo. From what Ive been able to find out they only made about 15 of the turbo models in 1982. Currently looking to establish a valve on this car. Will be available for sale soon. If you have any info contact me at afbuilders@aol.com Thanks Fred

Attachments

• IMG_8585[1].JPG
    IMG_8585[1].JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 279
Ive heard anywhere between 15 and 35. so you guess is as good as any. It will be on ebay next week is anybody is interested

Already one for sale here. Looks real nice but....unless you have a soft spot in your heart for it there's plenty of more desirable tbs out there.

The
Already one for sale here. Looks real nice but....unless you have a soft spot in your heart for it there's plenty of more desirable tbs out there.
The one on ebay now is a non turbo. This one is a turbo model

You never know with Riviera and convertibles. They may be the best one of that body style. I like it.

I was thinking the opposite. I live in the rust belt and I suspect what Floridians like of rust, we consider "patina". :)

Saw a guy online freaking out about the structural integrity his rusty frame on his California pickup. It was very, very light surface rust. My truck routinely drops off chucks from the frame.

Yeah I'd like to see pics of the rust. I know coastal cars will surface rust everywhere but most don't rot from the inside out like Midwest cars.

That's the wrong console and door panels, right?

Console and door panels are from a later GN. Wrong (darker) shade of grey. The later door panels seems to hold up much better. The '82 panels start to breakdown.

Seats are different too. Those are likely from an '84 GN (The V6 logo isn't colored on an '82).

People find it difficult to understand how something can be "rare but not desirable." But with cars in particular you see it all the time. The only reason such cars are rare is because nobody wanted to buy them to begin with. If nothing else makes them notable, most people will find more reasons to put their money into something else.