hood mount FP guage

Kenne bell or from what i here, Cotton's performance has a similar deal. I got mine from Kenne-Bell though. A very nice product if you like the look of it on hood. :)

Thanks six uve been a great help so far :D

Dang lots of money, whoh, nice for do it yourself tuneing though.

I ordered just a hood bracket from Cottons. The rest I bought from Summitt, including gauge, fittings, etc. The hardest thing to find was the 180 degree fitting. I think I posted about it a while back. Here's a pic of my gauge. I specifically wanted a chrome silver faced gauge, so thats why I ordered it separately. The hood bracket from Cottons works well. If you call them up I'm sure they still sell them.

I'm also glad that I have a hood mounted fuel pressure. When my fuel pump went last year, I knew pretty quick because I keep an eye on my fuel pressure since its right there in front of me.

I think i only paid $140 a year or so ago at kenne-bell. Call them as they do not show a lot, if any parts that they once sold for these cars in catalog or website. :cool: In my own opinion, its best to just spend a little money on this kit and get everything you need all at once, instead of runnin around to peace meal it together. Besides, the gauge says Kenne-Bell on it, for that Nostalgic effect! :D The kit comes with a nice Blue anodized aluminum fitting that threads onto the passenger side fuel rail and already includes the proper elbow. The only draw-back to install is you begin to attract a lot of attention from other drivers while at the light, could be good, could be bad (law enforcement) :D

I have the K-B gauge too. It gets alot of attention. I even had a lady at the McDonald's drive-thru ask me why I had a clock on my hood! :rolleyes: Now if I can only find some kind of T-fitting to run both the hood-mounted gauge and an under the hood gauge simultaneously.

OneLethal87GN, I think you can run both hood mounted and underhood gauges. The kenne-Bell hood mount on mine is hooked to passenger side fuel rail and that leaves the driver side wide open (shraeder valve). Kirbans also sells a brass connector to attach to valve to run a fuel gauge and to maintain usage of the valve for other purposes. :) A Clock on the hood! Now i have heard it all :rolleyes:

murphster said:
I ordered just a hood bracket from Cottons. The rest I bought from Summitt, including gauge, fittings, etc. The hardest thing to find was the 180 degree fitting. I think I posted about it a while back. Here's a pic of my gauge. I specifically wanted a chrome silver faced gauge, so thats why I ordered it separately. The hood bracket from Cottons works well. If you call them up I'm sure they still sell them.

I'm also glad that I have a hood mounted fuel pressure. When my fuel pump went last year, I knew pretty quick because I keep an eye on my fuel pressure since its right there in front of me.

Do you have a side picture of that to show the plumbing from the gauge? I plan on installing one but may fabricate my own bracket because I am using a gauge with the fitting on the bottom. It's a liquid filled,all stainless gauge-the same kind that is in my engine compartment. I have a brass block on the end of the fuel rail that it mounts to and it also has a side outlet that I can use for the hood mount.
Pics of the gauge are on my website in the latest alky pics section I think.

Guys,
Forget Kenne-Bell units as I bought the last 2 they had and they aren't making up any more. At least that's what they told me.They are just about out of the Buick market. :rolleyes: :confused:

OneLethal87GN said:
I have the K-B gauge too. It gets alot of attention. I even had a lady at the McDonald's drive-thru ask me why I had a clock on my hood! :rolleyes:
I've had a K-B gauge on my hood for some 15 years now. Most clueless folks assume it's either a tach or part of an elaborate nitrous system. Even a tech official at Memphis Motorsports Park many years ago thought that.

He looks under the hood and upon seeing the braided hose going from the hood to the engine says, "Where's the bottle?" I say, "The car doesn't have a bottle."

He replies, "Well then, where do you keep the bottle when it's in the car?" :rolleyes:

I have had the K-B gauge on my car for 9 years. I am not crazy about the "boy racer" look but I saved my engine when the vacuum line fell of my fuel pressure regulator.

Someday I will get an isolator so I can mount it in the car.

Bob Avellar said:
Do you have a side picture of that to show the plumbing from the gauge?

Sorry I didn't get back sooner. Here are some pics of my setup.

Attachments

• fuel_press_gauge2.jpg
    fuel_press_gauge2.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 241
  • fuel_press_gauge.jpg
    fuel_press_gauge.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 225
  • Engine_2006.jpg
    Engine_2006.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 239
  • fuel_line.jpg
    fuel_line.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 224
  • gauges.jpg
    gauges.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 241
Is there not any company or sponsor on the board that sell's the hood mounted fuel gauge as a complete kit including gauge holder you know everything??? Also does anyone know the part"s to make it so as to have one?? I have Auto Meter Comp Silver gauges so I would likely do the fuel gauge the same!! Thanks for nay help!!

murphster said:

Murphster, your set-up looks really great. I have a KenneBell hood mount, and I really like having it there and knowing my fp. I would really like to upgrade to a set-up like yours. I don't mean to be a pain, but could you be more specific about the gauge. I have a GN so I would buy black, but where did you find the gauge and the little wrap around piece that holds the gauge to the hood mount? Thanks.

Nice clear pics. Thanks. That will help me with some ideas. If/when I get- ur -done I'll take some pics. I want to try to hide as much of the plumbing as I can. As I said my gauge has the fitting on the bottom so I will have to be creative with the bracket as well as allowing clearance for the ww wipers-not that I drive in the rain though. ;)