You can type here any text you want

Hotair Takes out Boxter

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TurboBuickSix

I am on route 425 in Cambria NY, and there is this car right on my butt and I can't go anywhere because there are 2 cars ahead and it is only one lane each side and I did not feel like passing so I stayed put.Well these cars finally turn off and it is just me and this guy behind me and the wide open country road ahead.Now I slowed down for the cars to turn to about 45 mph and this guy is welded to my bumper and being aggressive.The way clears and I put it down about 2/3rd's throttle,check boost guage quickly and it says 13 psi.I am pulling pretty good,check the rearview and he is about 2-3 cars behind so I mat it to the boards and away we go,boost is now16-17psi.She shifts to overdrive and continues to put carlength after carlength on this expensive slug.After I was a good 1/8 mile or better ahead, I let off and he hung waaay back(in shame I'm sure) and turned off about 2 miles after that.I really enjoyed showing this yuppie in his porshe the power of the Darkside.What do those run $$ wise??I know they are not very fast cars but, My T only cost me $5000 or so alltogether(motor,tranny,turbo etc) so far:eek: I was really wanting to go with the IC car but this thing (with my mods)Does really well.I am to the point where I can get good rolling rubber and it is fishtailing into second under full throttle.I could never get these kind of results with any street v-8 setup I have tried.At least not with these good manners.Track times soon,I think some of my experimental mods are working.

One can be yours and in your driveway for a little under $50000. That is the second Boxter kill on here in recent weeks.
They are not about speed. However these idiots driving them cant seem to get that into their heads

Yes I agree they are not speedy cars,I've had better runs from many cars that cost a 1/4 what this one does.It must be built for road course type competition,I'm sure to get embarrassed in the slalom:D

Sweet Kill!

Yea, Boxters definately aren't about speed..
A friend of mine who has driven a few before (He's a mechanic) said that they're actually pretty slow (unless it's the Boxter S), but they handle like you wouldn't believe..which I can easily understand that.
Otherwise, Nice kill man!

raced one of those at the track on Friday night. it was a Boxster S with the 3.2L engine 5speed. he was running low 14s all night. so we lined up and i wasted him (13.44 at 102.51). we pulled back into the staging lanes and he came right over to me asking what i had done. i told him my Vette was almost stock, and he was so surprised! he couldnt believe his expensive Porsche was destroyed by a 13 year old Vette.

:( I actually saw a Boxter yesterday with a big a$$ wing on it. WTF? I wish I had a camera with me but I was on my Harley. What a way to waste 50 grand.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by TurboBuickSix
Yes I agree they are not speedy cars,I've had better runs from many cars that cost a 1/4 what this one does.It must be built for road course type competition,I'm sure to get embarrassed in the slalom:D

Hell, I have beat a 'boxter' in my Altima! ;)
It WAS kinda close, tho!!!

Originally posted by Altima-02

Hell, I have beat a 'boxter' in my Altima! ;)
It WAS kinda close, tho!!!

I would'nt hesitate to run your Altima if the opportunity presented itself,But,I also would'nt post it here after I handed you your a$$ because.... your car did not cost 45-50 GRAND!! Point is, that it was from a roll which is not as good as from a dead stop in our cars and I have maybe 5-6 Grand into my POS.Now if I square up with an Altima I will post it for ya;)

Back