How Do I Remove The Winshield

Guess that depends on If you want to save it or not.:eek: A couple of special tools will make it easier...however, it is not easy if you are trying to keep it. Typically you need a flat hook type tool to release the plastic retainer tabs on the mouldings....GENTLY. If you break the tabs, don't worry, they are available at your local parts store. Then you have to start cutting the adhesive ribbon that holds the W/S in. This is where you can break the glass if you catch an edge with the knife or tool you are using.:eek: A razor knife will work...but it's not easy. Prolly best to call a glass shop and get a quote to remove and reinstall. They use a tool that looks like a Z shaped knife attached to a screwdriver handle with a T handle attached to that with a short piece of cable. It's kinda strange, but it works...the glass CAN still be broken even with this tool. Might be a few $$$ away from just busting it out and having them put a new one in. My new one cost about $200 installed. If you can get it out without breaking it, the install is actually a snap! Good luck!! HTH ---Keith

PS Post up some pics of the T-Top rust....assuming that is what you are repairing. Been there--done that too!!

The tool takes practice and patience. The other option is to use a fine braded wire for hanging pics on the wall. either way you can still damage the windsheild. If you aren't really careful or have any doubts take it to a profesional.

2 wooden dowels for handles, 2 eye bolts, 1 length of guitar string, and 2 people use a soldering iron to melt a hole through from the inside stick guitar string in and tie it to both handles, and start sawing away. make sure to pull with the cut. you want that string V-shaped when your cutting. make a T handle with the eye bolts. make sure they have wood threads

you do not need to remove the dash, but remove the top dash peice, remove the pillar trim and remove the trim peice that holds the headliner in. use a peice of sheet metal or aluminum to protect the dash from the wire and move it along the dash for protection.

2nbcydy.jpg

2 wooden dowels for handles, 2 eye bolts, 1 length of guitar string, and 2 people use a soldering iron to melt a hole through from the inside stick guitar string in and tie it to both handles, and start sawing away. make sure to pull with the cut. you want that string V-shaped when your cutting. make a T handle with the eye bolts. make sure they have wood threads

you do not need to remove the dash, but remove the top dash peice, remove the pillar trim and remove the trim peice that holds the headliner in. use a peice of sheet metal or aluminum to protect the dash from the wire and move it along the dash for protection.

2nbcydy.jpg

This is a good idea. I like the illustration!!:eek:

2nbcydy.jpg

+2 i used to work at a auto glass place and the best way to do it is using piano wire

oh yeah i forgot to add, when you go around the corners youll have to guide the wire up by the roof line. make the length of wire long enough i would say about 3-4 feet in total length. cause when you go along the roof and you have a short wire you will cut into the glass. Thats no bueno