How does this mod work? Is it worth it?

Cyrus72

I saw this mod on a car someone was selling. How difficult is it to do? Is this a setup done vendor sells? Is it good bang for the buck mod? I speak of the switch in the ashtray to open the exhaust
9D5BCB3F-9730-49AE-9F7F-ABF2E2554283.png

Google "electric dump pipes", and take a look.
Increases may/may not occur, depending on the rest of the exh system design.

Got it. A dump system wa wondering what it was. Thanks

I did some tests, using my stage 2 GN.
ATR 4 bolt headers, 3.5" dp, 3" dump at a 45* angle to dp.
3 pulls made. w/ the dump closed.
Then repeated w/ it open.
Average gain 5 RWHP.
Rest of system was Dynomax muffs, and 2.5" pipes in stock location.

Initially, I would think constricting a 3 inch DP to a 2.5 outlet would be counter-productive, but since the rest of the system is still open, well.......... might just be a good thing.

Good thing about AZ is with collector car insurance, no emissions test required. I have a 3" straight to open dump pipe I run 100% of the time. :cool:

Pisses off one neighbor, but her 20 something millennial POS, dope smoking/selling loser kids piss me off, too.

So it's all good. I do a big ol' burnout down the back side of her house whenever I can. She hates us! All the rest of the neighborhood stops by and admires the cars we have hanging around and call her the "Crazy Doctor"... She's not a doctor, she's a mid-wife.

The downfall of western civilization.

One has been arrested twice, the other is only 17. I live on a cul-de-sac for Cripes sake. It has a full street that runs along the east side of both properties. That's where they peddle their wares.

The cops know and they'll do their jobs as soon as they have enough evidence. I don't care if someone sells pot, but it pisses me off when in hear OXY is being sold 3 doors down the road and SHE walks UP the street and says "You Drag Racers don't belong in this neighborhood." She has a real come to Jesus time coming.

We've been here since '98 without a complaint. She bought in '16 and brought her pot/OXY selling sons with her.

Life is about to get difficult for her, if not for her, her kids.

Us, we'll still be here, making lots of noise and a little bit of smoke........Or a little bit of noise and a LOT of smoke, one never knows on 8th Place........:cool:

Last edited:
One has been arrested twice, the other is only 17. I live on a cul-de-sac for Cripes sake. It has a full street that runs along the east side of both properties. That's where they peddle their wares.

The cops know and they'll do their jobs as soon as they have enough evidence. I don't care if someone sells pot, but it pisses me off when in hear OXY is being sold 3 doors down the road and SHE walks UP the street and says "You Drag Racers don't belong in this neighborhood." She has a real come to Jesus time coming.

We've been here since '98 without a complaint. She bought in '16 and brought her pot/OXY selling sons with her.

Life is about to get difficult for her, if not for her, her kids.

Us, we'll still be here, making lots of noise and a little bit of smoke........Or a little bit of noise and a LOT of smoke, one never knows on 8th Place........:cool:

I think I would fire it up every morning at 6 just to get under her skin... :)

Bryan

Bryan

I leave for work at 4:30 AM. Maybe a stand on the trans-brake up against the 2-step would be better.

I would love that woman to send her little teenage snot nose brat out to come see me. Give me a good reason to slap the shit out of him.

I know the type. And the whole white trash/ghetto culture just nauseates me.

OK I’m done now.

Bryan
I would just get a backyard rooster and be done with it. 7 days a week every week he would cry when the sun came up. Ask me how I know. No sleeping in at my house growing up !!!!

There's no need for a dump if you have a good straight thru 3 inch exhaust.
Joe

This thread went left. Lol

I personally was looking at a dump, but not because of performance reasons. Since the install of this 6262, the cool sound of turbo spool went out the window. :unsure:

They are obnoxious. Sound like crap on these cars imho... You want to hear the turbo spool get one of the older cast wheel turbos.lol. Most Billet wheel turbos are quiet. The blade count and geometry has a lot to do with it. Just example, 6 blades are loud (te44), 7 blade (60-1) you can hear well. 11 blades are quiet.

They are obnoxious. Sound like crap on these cars imho... You want to hear the turbo spool get one of the older cast wheel turbos.lol. Most Billet wheel turbos are quiet. The blade count and geometry has a lot to do with it. Just example, 6 blades are loud (te44), 7 blade (60-1) you can hear well. 11 blades are quiet.
Ah ok ok, thanks for that information!! Learn something everyday on this board.