How far can 80# injectors take me

Wahoo

So I'm in the beginning stages of a new short block being built.

Old parts I'm gonna try to reuse if possible are my 80# injectors.

I know I'm gonna need a fuel pump because my old one is a dw300, and I'll need fuel lines as well.

The build is gonna be a 109 forged stock displacement bottom end, roller cam, EDIT: just bought ported heads and intake. Also going intercooled.

Now main concern with fuel delivery is because I just purchased a turbonetics 6668 turbo for a good price, and since I'm on a budget it was a good deal for me since I'm not gonna use my hot air turbo.

What size injectors do I need if I need them and what size pump and fuel lines?

Thx

Last edited:
I have a 430 LPhr with -8 supply and-6 returns with 80s and I maxed them out at 115 D.C. 580 hp e85

EDIT: just picked up ported heads and intake.

If the 80#s aren't big enough for this setup, what size do I need. And also do I need need a modified ecm for different injectors?

If u r going to get a modded Ecm u might as well go straight to 160s IMO

I j don't know what 80# injectors are good for in the quarter mile. The turbo I just picked up is good for 10.5s, although the rest of the car is not ready for that time anyways.

I j don't know what 80# injectors are good for in the quarter mile. The turbo I just picked up is good for 10.5s, although the rest of the car is not ready for that time anyways.
A 6680 will go much faster than 10.50 time to fuel up if you want to push it.

My car has no cage, has a stock posi rear-end, no bracing, so I'm probably not going to be pushing it too much. I guess I'll find out when everything is running.

High Z 120's have been out for a while. I think they make high Z all the way to 220's now. 160's for sure though.
Yes they do but with prices are crazy for anything over 80s 2-300 a injector I've seen a set going for $1300+

Sell the 66/68 and get a 62/62. It's a better match for your stated goals.

Sell the 66/68 and get a 62/62. It's a better match for your stated goals.
The turbo didn't even arrive yet lol, I just bought it from some one for what I felt being a very good price. I probably won't find a turbo similar in size for the price I paid, but I guess I can run it on lower boost for awhile? Or would the turbo suck. I was a little worried with how it would spool but I do have a 3k converter which might stall closer to 3200.

I'm kinda doing a lot at once, intercooled conversion and new motor build. So I'm on a little bit of a budget. I really wasnt even going to change my turbo or do ported heads but for the price I said screw it, seemed to be a good deal to me.

About 20 years ago we ran low-10's with 55# injectors on race gas, and recently mid-10's with 80# injectors on e-85.

It is nice to have a safety factor with larger injectors, but no matter what injectors and fuel you are using, there MUST be ample fuel supply to them.

The fuel pump, lines and wiring must all be capable of delivering enough fuel.

One customer has run a GN to 9.90 with one DW pump on pump gas and alky with a properly set up fuel delivery system.

My car has no cage, has a stock posi rear-end, no bracing, so I'm probably not going to be pushing it too much. I guess I'll find out when everything is running.
Trouble happens when you hook it;)trust me it gets old getting tossed off the track.the problem with the 6680 is the turbine wheel is way to big to the point of the comp wheel will be way out of steam,it makes it hard to spool so the car has a very linear feel as it pulls as compared to a violent hit of the smaller turbine wheels.one thing you need to be aware of is the weight of your car as you try and make power.many are quick to say they went x et x fast but the truth of it is the weight of the car and mph is a indicator of the power and therefore the fuel requirement needed.

Trouble happens when you hook it;)trust me it gets old getting tossed off the track.the problem with the 6680 is the turbine wheel is way to big to the point of the comp wheel will be way out of steam,it makes it hard to spool so the car has a very linear feel as it pulls as compared to a violent hit of the smaller turbine wheels.one thing you need to be aware of is the weight of your car as you try and make power.many are quick to say they went x et x fast but the truth of it is the weight of the car and mph is a indicator of the power and therefore the fuel requirement needed.
It's a turbonetics 6668 - the seller said it spooled great on the street still. Which I hope it at least spools decently.

Another concern that will probably limit how far I push it is the fact that my TH400 is basically stock with a shift kit. Not sure if I should add any hardened parts yet.

From one of our members....80's with 60# base fuel psi All in the combo and ability to tune what you have.

It's a turbonetics 6668 - the seller said it spooled great on the street still. Which I hope it at least spools decently.

Another concern that will probably limit how far I push it is the fact that my TH400 is basically stock with a shift kit. Not sure if I should add any hardened parts yet.
68 turbine wheel is the big one.

68 turbine wheel is the big one.
Oh, I thought you wrote 6680 - like 66 and 80.

Maybe I don't understand the nomenclature , I'm a turbo noob, although I know it's a bigger turbo. I couldn't find much info searching on this forum.