how hard is it to remove the passenger side header

87grandnat

i am trying to remove the passenger side heaader, with the engine in the car and am having some difficulty, i think that i have everyting off except the last bolt on the bottom side, i for the life of me cant get nothing that i can get any leaverage on, to get it off. But after that bolt, how hard is it to get it to come out, it doesnt look like it will be as easy as the driver side, as room is more tight. Will i have to take anything else off? should i try to remove it from top or bottom? just a bunch of things i am curious about as i go back outside and fight this damn thing, any help is appreciated, thanks

yeah, i know that you can do it on the other side, but the bolt im trying to reach is behind the header flange were it connects to the crossover

Should come out easily...is the crossover out of the way...if not remove it...you can get to the back bottom bolt from under the car...

I just did this myself a few nights ago.
Take off 3 nuts the connect header to turbo
Loosen 2 bolts in block that hold turbo hoop; also loosen the 2 bolts in the hoop that hold the turbo
Loosen hose clamps to turbo
Separate down pipe from turbo
Remove crossover pipe, 4 bolts
From underneath the car, use a 9/16" wrench to remove the bottom-back one. You might need to "chain" togther 2 wrenches in order to get enough leverage.
Remove 7 header flange bolts from above using a deep 9/16" socket. Some may benefit using a 3" extension. You will probably have to use a wrench on the back one.
Lift the turbo firmly about 2" (don't get carried away since you could break the oil lines). The header (with some work) will come out underneath the turbo. Or just cave in and completely remove the turbo.

Thanks for the advice, my problem is the damn last bolt from under the car, for the life of me i cant get that damn thing off everything else would be a piece of cake if i could get that dang bolt off,i guess i am going to have to go to home depot tomorrow and try to find a 9/16 wrench with a really long handle, because what i have aint workin, thanks for the help guys.

Just a Suggestion....

Re-install (finger tight) the five bolts you already took off. Take the sixth bolt (the one you're having trouble with) out first, then take off the other five. Otherwise, you may find that sixth bolt will be tough to take out right down to the last thread!

HTH
Peter