Trans prob

jamesn

Trans doesn’t shift firm Btwn 1&2 shifts... it seem to race Btwn these shift points and not go in firm

Some history will help. New install? New to you or just starting to have problems?
Proper TV cable adjustment is mandatory with these transmissions. If it’s not properly adjusted you can damage the transmission in a matter of minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

X2 on above.
What does the fluid look and smell like?
If you pry on the circle on the pass side how much does it move in? Just a bit, a lot, none at all?

Are you sure the problem is between 1st and 2nd and not 2nd and 3rd? Need more details and history on the transmission and vehicle.

Some history will help. New install? New to you or just starting to have problems?
Proper TV cable adjustment is mandatory with these transmissions. If it’s not properly adjusted you can damage the transmission in a matter of minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bought the 87 gn last year .. motor was rebuilt.. trans was fine when I bought it but started the shifting problem toward the end of summer...only seems to happen when accelerating normal ... when accelerating hard it’s seems fine.. don’t know if trans was ever rebuilt... changed fluid and filter but still acts the same ....don’t know about tv cable.. any help appreciated

Sorry guys.. shift that has the problem is Btwn the 2nd and third ... I m new to this and old !!!

I don’t know what you mean by flare..,instead of going directly into third gear it seams to slip before going into third ...

I don’t know what you mean by flare..,instead of going directly into third gear it seams to slip before going into third ...
That's a flare. Either get your transmission rebuilt, or purchase and install the billet servo I suggested.

Under normal shifts from 2-3, the engine rpm’s drop.
When the engine rpm’s increase then drop or flares up between shifts is what’s referred to as flare.
Not the inspirational pins dorned by restaurant employees. Lol

Does your car have a bed code trans in it? On the rear pass side there is a plate that will have the letters brf on it.
Sounds like you need to make sure the tv cable is adjusted correctly . If it is and the trans has this behavior you will need a new set of direct clutches installed with the proper clearance.

And that is exactly what it’s doing... I ll check the tv cable and see if that helps