How much boost should I be able to run on these up-grades ?

Turbo Keith

TURBO KEITH
105k mile car
ta49
42.5lbs injectors
dutt neck IC
tt chip
2.5" Atr exhaust
walbro 255 & hotwire
afpr
springs just got up dated to comp cams 980
Stock maf sensor
93 pump gas
About 15 lbs is all I can get without any knock , I thought for sure with outside temps below 50 I should be able to run close to 18 lbs with my upgrades , Eric did tell me 18 is bout max and I know all of our cars run different . As always thanks for the help . Keith

That's about right. Pump fuel especially winter blended fuel sucks

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Our pump fuel in the winter sucks. Also fuel station to station has a major effect at times

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I'm one of those weird guys that only fuels my two cars at one station in my home town , its a Chevron . Maybe I need to change stations , Its one in the town I work that has 93 that's ethanol free .

Hey Keith, did you happen to clean your intercooler internally before you installed it? Getting it to peak efficiency would make a difference.. on that note feeding it with a good cold air intake could make a difference along with the "trash can mod" ..here's a pic
Are you running a 160° t-stat? From what I've understand Eric burns his chips to work best with it.. another thought is hollowing out your cat, could be ugly in there

59953-3ce1a0dfae47093326f1d6d5685aa954.jpg

If you wanna turn up the boost, then add alky and slowly twist the wick!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm one of those weird guys that only fuels my two cars at one station in my home town , its a Chevron . Maybe I need to change stations , Its one in the town I work that has 93 that's ethanol free .
go to the newest gas station in town
have you ever thought about getting rid of stock maf sensor it is night and day

Hey Keith, did you happen to clean your intercooler internally before you installed it? Getting it to peak efficiency would make a difference.. on that note feeding it with a good cold air intake could make a difference along with the "trash can mod" ..here's a pic
Are you running a 160° t-stat? From what I've understand Eric burns his chips to work best with it.. another thought is hollowing out your cat, could be ugly in there

View attachment 336158
Thank you for the reply , I did clean the IC out when we got it and I am running a 160* also the cat has been removed

If you wanna turn up the boost, then add alky and slowly twist the wick!

I'm wanting to keep this one as close to stock as I can , that's why I'm still running the stock air intake and box . It does have a KnN

best cheap easy to find fuel system cleaner is the chevron Techron (that actually works) same thing bmw uses
I like Sunoco fuel stations

you've already put upgraded fuel injectors and bigger turbo and Dutt neck, MAF would be before that stuff
im talking about the black bottle at most stores it's the best

Be happy with what you have or upgrade to E85 or alky. With alky you can find fuel anywhere and won’t lose mpg but with E85 you can weld the wastegate shut and run all the boost you want but I think I get about 8 mpg. I pay about $1.80 per gallon so I the only annoying part is buying gas all the time.

Be happy with what you have or upgrade to E85 or alky. With alky you can find fuel anywhere and won’t lose mpg but with E85 you can weld the wastegate shut and run all the boost you want but I think I get about 8 mpg. I pay about $1.80 per gallon so I the only annoying part is buying gas all the time.

I am happy with this car just wanting to maximize what I have , We have a GN with alky and running bout 26lbs of boost . I just wanna keep this one as close to " stock " , thats why I'm not running a 3" maf pipe which would probably help

stock was 3 inch maf hose right??? I made no changes to my stock elbow when I added 3 inch lt1
just a cheap way to make my own cold air intake