You can type here any text you want

How to Dis-engage Rear Brakes

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87chrisss

BLUBYU
I have disk brakes all the way around. Is there any way to dis-engage the rear brakes i have used line locks before but the one i had previously used was a stand still burnout unit and it would lock my front brakes. I want to be able to drive with rear brakes dis-engaged.

i could tell you how to do this but i wont because youll probably kill someone
this ranks up there with bad ideas

i could tell you how to do this but i wont because youll probably kill someone
this ranks up there with bad ideas

I appreciate the concern but this is for a photoshoot / video i wont be doing this in traffic i have disc brakes all the way around its extremely hard for me to do burnouts without a line loc. I dont want a line loc since i dont take this car to track but i would like to do a rolling burnout possibly at a secluded location. I dont need a ticket or a Police man to impound it or risk anyone else's life other than mine. Im sure i can undo the brake line from rear brakes and plug it but i thought i could do something similar to a line loc.

Look at where the line exits the proportioning valve. Look at the fitting that threads into it. Go to hardware store and get the same fitting but no hole for the line. That's all I'm saying. I would not leave my car with disabled brakes anywhere where it can be started either. Some jack ass steals it and kills someone they and whoever they kill will sue you and probably win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

transbrake wont help one bit

you could put a line lock in backwards between the rear brake line at the master cylinder , and it will do what you want but its all on you and totally unnecessary
seen lots of rolling burnouts over the years and none of them had a brake disable
rather than do anything to the brake system
just hit the brakes build boost and ease back on brake and the fronts will hold you back a little,, you wont be able to stop the rears , the rear pads will heat up a little so let them cool down

Last edited:
N/P Thanks, i just want to avoid frying my pads, when they costs $90 a set you dont want to fry em on a few burnouts.

pads are cheap compared to what you're going to do to the tires

Last edited:
you're saying that your car doesn't have enough power to do a burnout without doing a brake stand? my 86 Camaro could do smokey rolling burnouts when it still had the stock 2.8 V6 in it...

you could get an adjustable prop valve and put it on the rear line... then it's just a matter of turning down as much pressure to the rear as it will allow you... then you can use it to fine tune the brakes once you are done with the pictures and it will stop better than you ever knew it could..

you're saying that your car doesn't have enough power to do a burnout without doing a brake stand? my 86 Camaro could do smokey rolling burnouts when it still had the stock 2.8 V6 in it...

you could get an adjustable prop valve and put it on the rear line... then it's just a matter of turning down as much pressure to the rear as it will allow you... then you can use it to fine tune the brakes once you are done with the pictures and it will stop better than you ever knew it could..

My car has more than enough power to do burnout i just dont want to destroy my pads and with a very good set of rear disk brakes 4 piston with the most aggressive HAWK pads it gets tricky to stomp the brake and try to burnout it just doesnt make sense for me to roast my brakes for a burnout. i should have thought about it instead of asking. I was being lazy and now i have to lsiten to reasons why not to tell me and why my car doesnt have power to burnout :confused:

Back