How to disable the overrun clutch?

PonchoMan

I may get some flack for this and the “why” is not as important as the what in my opinion but here’s my question to all of the 200-4R experts. “Is it possible to disable the overrun clutch with the transmission in the car? And if it IS possible how can it be done?” Thanks!

You’ll have to study the case passages and see if there’s a spot you can drive a plug or check ball with the valve body removed. Fluid path goes through the pump and stator support on its way there. I’m nearly certain it’s possible to plug the path if you have the pump removed.

I may get some flack for this and the “why” is not as important as the what in my opinion but here’s my question to all of the 200-4R experts. “Is it possible to disable the overrun clutch with the transmission in the car? And if it IS possible how can it be done?” Thanks!
Not that I really care because it is your car but why would you want to do this it's just a curiosity thing

Out of the car just put all steels in the pack. Done. Wont work. Well will work but wont have any effect. In the car find the feed port and drive a plug in but I would do it so it could be removed. What your trying to gain is micro, minimal at best......And 4th gear may act funny......:unsure:
WE4

Still scratching my head on this one as I don't see what you're trying to achieve with no engine braking but I am sure open to listening to your opinion on this or what you are trying to achieve

Out of the car just put all steels in the pack. Done. Wont work. Well will work but wont have any effect. In the car find the feed port and drive a plug in but I would do it so it could be removed. What your trying to gain is micro, minimal at best......And 4th gear may act funny......:unsure:
WE4
Thanks, think I’m going to abandon this idea for now. Doesn’t matter much until the trans is working right. I was trying to identify the feed hole from the bottom of the case as it’s in the car now but couldn’t. It got me thinking that the overrun circuit T’s off of another circuit somewhere in the case where the fluid channels are machined. Just was curious. Thanks again!

Still scratching my head on this one as I don't see what you're trying to achieve with no engine braking but I am sure open to listening to your opinion on this or what you are trying to achieve
This idea was all about driving experience and tactile feel. Bottom line is I miss my Muncie 4 speed, and the way it felt when shifting the gears. I know the typical response to that is, “well then get a Muncie and pull your 200” but the hot rodder in me just wants to experiment and find new ways to do stuff. So I run around town manually shifting my automatic pretending it’s a stick...lol but then when you let off the nose takes the monster dive as the overrun engages and engine braking occurs. No matter how much I pretended it just still felt like an auto. It wasn’t so much about a performance gain as it was perceived driving enjoyment. The overrun is a safety system but I don’t live in a hilly area and I’m sure not driving this thing in the snow or ice where engine braking would help; the locker rear would make that ridiculous. Anyway crazy as it may sound that’s the “why”. For now I’m abandoning this concept as it doesn’t matter much as the trans isn’t working right anyway. Bigger fish to fry! Thanks again!

This idea was all about driving experience and tactile feel. Bottom line is I miss my Muncie 4 speed, and the way it felt when shifting the gears. I know the typical response to that is, “well then get a Muncie and pull your 200” but the hot rodder in me just wants to experiment and find new ways to do stuff. So I run around town manually shifting my automatic pretending it’s a stick...lol but then when you let off the nose takes the monster dive as the overrun engages and engine braking occurs. No matter how much I pretended it just still felt like an auto. It wasn’t so much about a performance gain as it was perceived driving enjoyment. The overrun is a safety system but I don’t live in a hilly area and I’m sure not driving this thing in the snow or ice where engine braking would help; the locker rear would make that ridiculous. Anyway crazy as it may sound that’s the “why”. For now I’m abandoning this concept as it doesn’t matter much as the trans isn’t working right anyway. Bigger fish to fry! Thanks again!
I understand is that a real judge in your picture

These motors don't like sticks. I know cause we tried it in a 1850 lb retired Indy car.I will go into detail on this at another time. Got to take a tech call. I will revisit this later. Interesting project we did.
WE4

If you all want to hear about this Indy car we put one of these in , I can discuss it. But if no one is interested... Busy enough
WE4