Hurricane Harvey.

robertf

While time is running short, I want to wish everyone here in the path of Harvey my very best. I hope you've prepared and come out with very minimal damage. My thoughts will be with you and your families.

Not so good in Houston anymore. Cant work, cant leave the house, Cant pick up my painted parts, cant pick up my stuff from the chrome shop. We now have deaths in our area, and people are trapped in their attics. WTF!!! Just in the last 12 hours, I have had over 8 inches of rain at my house, and a combined total of 15 inches of rain since Friday. Everyone please stay inside, and off the roads. Its not worth your life!

Houston just set the 500 year flood record and more rain for 4 days.

20170827_084812.jpg

This thing is insane, people are are really in harms way. Downright scary, holding pit in our back yard is getting very high . But yeah still another 3 days .

I feel for you guys down there I hope your in a safe place. God bless.

The city of Dallas is opening a lot of shelters around the city, if any of my Buick brethren make it up this way please call me if your in need of anything.
I work for Avis/Budget Rent a car in Mesquite and Rockwall just east of Dallas.
my cel 214 629 7429 my office 972 686 0003

I just heard that Houston broke the 500 year flood plane. We received 20” over 12 hours last night. Army core of engineers has implemented a controlled release of the dams, which will raise water level estimated 2-3 foot in downtown Houston. Some areas will need to evacuate as a result, but it should minimize the damage. Expectation for all the water to run off is stated in “months”. Stores and many roads are all closed. Water supply on the very edge of being compromised.

We need 7 x 12’ pipe and BIG pumps to divert the water to Arizona and California. Still raining buckets in my area as of Monday morning.

Take care fellow Houstonians. Yes the rain picked back up on the Northwest side of town. I feel terrible for the people live next to Spring creek(which some houses have been flooded 12-14 feet) and others around Buffalo Bayou. Just awful . We are fortunate to be dry right now but,the holding pond from the sub division is right in back of the house and the only thing keeping it in its banks is the drainage pump. I pray it hold out the week.

Good here. For now... I saw the first flooding in my neighborhood, ever. Lived here 21 years, and for the first time I was trapped in my neighborhood. No high water on my street, though. I'm fortunate...many are not so lucky. STAY SAFE MY TURO BROTHERS!!

Still dry at my house but people are using boats to get around less than a mile from me. I can't get to work so I have just been doing stuff around the house. I put a new water pump on my car this weekend but can't go anywhere to drive it. Oh well. Everyone stay dry and safe.

...I put a new water pump on my car this weekend....

Not to make light of the flooding, but does anyone else see any irony in that last post? o_O

I have lived in an area that the average annual rainfall was 65+". It was horribly wet!

Texas has received almost that much in a week!