HVAC wiring

meenkeene518

Hi guys,

Im basically re-wiring the entire car based on some interesting practices, and a super involved and complicated alarm instillation. So long story short im trying to return most systems to stock, while upgrading to the Holley EFI kit cruz offers.

MY HVAC wiring under the hood (blower resistor a/c relay etc) was all messed up and bypassed. So i got a used harness and it has a 4 prong plug (ill post the pic later) which according to digging on the forum is notorious for shorting and causing problems.

Can i just cut the plug off and run the 10 gauge red wire to the starter, use the black ground and ground to the car, and just run the blue stripe for the a/c relay into the passenger compartment?

I dont have the other end to plug this in to, and while i can get the end from caspers, i dont know exactly where it should go.

Thanks for the help!

Which connector? The one that goes to the resistors or the one behind the glovebox? Mine are all original, resistors, relay and wires. I had a problem last year with the blower motor not working on high, the relay was getting 12v but not closing due to high resistance in the connector behind the glove box being slightly corroded. Cleaned the contacts and all works fine. 215k on the car.

Post a pic of the harness and the connector in question.

Hi guys,

Im basically re-wiring the entire car based on some interesting practices, and a super involved and complicated alarm instillation. So long story short im trying to return most systems to stock, while upgrading to the Holley EFI kit cruz offers.

MY HVAC wiring under the hood (blower resistor a/c relay etc) was all messed up and bypassed. So i got a used harness and it has a 4 prong plug (ill post the pic later) which according to digging on the forum is notorious for shorting and causing problems.

Can i just cut the plug off and run the 10 gauge red wire to the starter, use the black ground and ground to the car, and just run the blue stripe for the a/c relay into the passenger compartment?

I dont have the other end to plug this in to, and while i can get the end from caspers, i dont know exactly where it should go.

Thanks for the help!

It's what the manual calls the C497 connection by the passenger inner fender. I dont have the other end, so hopefully i can just cut the plug, eliminate the issue and go directly where i need to.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_20190403_195919370.jpg
    IMG_20190403_195919370.jpg
    377.9 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_20190403_195927597.jpg
    IMG_20190403_195927597.jpg
    330.6 KB · Views: 37
The light Blue wire should go from Pin B8 on the ECM to Pin D on the AC cutout relay through C497 to pin A on the pressure cycling switch.

The red wire should be a fuseable link on the back of the starter. Goes from there to pin B on C497 to pin D on the blower relay.

I haven't found where the black wire goes yet in the Manual. Obviously a ground but for what? My car is in the paint shop so I can't look at it until Monday.

Attachments

• C497.png
    C497.png
    896.1 KB · Views: 37
  • Blower relay.png
    Blower relay.png
    596.4 KB · Views: 33