You can type here any text you want

Hwy fun w/ a 02 SS Camaro

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

The Darkside

Heavy Metal Thunder
I just got my alchy kit back from SMC on Friday & got it installed Sunday morning.Well,I had to take my son home to my ex's house & on my way back I was driving on a 3 lane hwy & ran up on a 02 SS Camaro.Well,it was time to test it out, he's in the center lane so I pull beside him on his right & give him a smile & pass him.Well,he pulls back up beside me & gives me the lets go look,so I hit it from about 70 mph and instantly pull 2 cars on him,so he jumps in behind me and sees if he can reel me in!!I look in my mirror & I continue to pull away from him to about 10 or more car lenths.I estimate I was going about 110 or so,but then I pump the brakes to signal I'm done as my exit was coming up fast ,He came by,we waved at each other & that was that.
You see, I also own a 99 LS1 Z28 6 SPEED,so I do repect the LS1 power,so I felt real good about how my T pulled from from that 70 mph punch.Man I love my alchy!!!!

I was running 22 lbs boost at the time.No knock,so I'm gonna crank it up some more tomorrow!!!

The Darkside:cool:

dang, the combo im planning for my car is almost exactly like yours w/the exception of 009's (im getting 50's). now i know what to expect:) good kill, especially as i hear the LS1's are killer from a roll:)

Originally posted by turbo buicks good kill, especially as i hear the LS1's are killer from a roll:) [/B]

You're right about that!!!I know that the LS1 6 speeds are faster from a roll than the automatic ones,at least if you've got a good driver.

Good kill. A lot of guys with 44's are getting 24psi with no knock, maybe even 25psi. What chip are you running?

Right now I'm running the Testa chip.It is a 93 alchy chip w/ he said around 22 degrees of timing.I've had my boost cranked up to 24 lbs & got 0 knock w/ that chip,but the car was bogging & cutting out.I believe the reason was I had my ac43rts's gapped at .035 which was to big of a gap & was getting my spark blowed out at high boost.I've since just put in some NGK UR5'S & gapped them at .032.No problems yet,but I'll crank up the boost to 24 or so & see what happens!!!

Good Kill

Originally posted by The Darkside
Right now I'm running the Testa chip.It is a 93 alchy chip w/ he said around 22 degrees of timing.

Yup, I hear that Testa guy makes a nice chip for 009's. :D

Nice kill dude.
:cool:

Back