You can type here any text you want

hydro Brake Conversion

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

chris kirk

I currently have vacuum now. I can't stand the way that big MC looks. You guys might laugh and think I'm crazy, but I hate how it looks. Can't stand it. I spent a shit load of money on it after I converted when the power master died. What would I need to switch to hydro? I've seen several different units but I'm not really familiar with any of it. I've seen stuff from Willwood and Hydratech. Any suggestions?

Just keep in mind I'm pretty sure you'll also need a powermaster/hydroboost pedal since vacuum is different.

hydro-boost is the best, you will be very pleased with the stopping ability.

Hydroboost, blazer front calipers and s10 rear cylinders makes it feel like I hit a wall when I stop. Night and day difference

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Really liking the hydratech unit here.
I like it to, unfortunately my CFO nixed that when I submitted the proposal for funding.

if the brakes work, keep the hood closed and you won't have to look at that big old ugly vacuum brake booster..

Just keep in mind I'm pretty sure you'll also need a powermaster/hydroboost pedal since vacuum is different.

Do you mean I will have to relocate the pedal back to where it was when I was using the power master application?

Not sure, where does one get a "classic performance" application? Link?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile ap

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/clp-cp4010l

Here's the site that I found. http://www.hydratechbraking.com/
Can purchase at Summit. http://www.summitracing.com/search/?keyword=hydraulic brake assist &dds=1

Wow, that looks like a pretty expensive option. But hey, if you have the budget, why not right.
Kirban was putting together a kit that I believe was close to what I used. Might give them a ring and ask just to compare.

Actually... I hate the look of the hydroboost, mc crooked upward ans the hoses...
Love the way it stops though...

Actually... I hate the look of the hydroboost, mc crooked upward ans the hoses...
Love the way it stops though...
That's why I went with the newer Cadillac mc with the plastic reservoir. Looks better to me.

I'm considering the Hydro swap also but i would definitly want the pretty stuff from CSS or Hydrotech anyone running those yet?

Does it sits level?

the front reservoir on mine is almost empty because the inclination back..

kirban thoguhts....

we currently sell two different hydroboost kits for both size wallets hydratech is one option second option is similar with all new parts only pressure lines are rubber not stainless. other company has a different mounting bracket that allows the hydrobosot unit to sit either direction....

for these systems you need to have the ORIGINAL POWERMASTER brake pedal. As they are set up for the larger pin and that pin is in a different positon on the pedal thanthe vacuum pedal is assuming you switched the brake pedal.

either case I have turbo pedals

both hydro boost systems come with the corvette cast master cylinder

we also offer a cheapo vesion using the 84 turbo regal hydroboost system but discourage you from buying it because it is a rebuitl cardone unit and they do not have any more. I got one left...basically its primitive when you compare to hdyratech or elliots. I sell both

whatever you do depending on your skill level our kits are 100% complete....you buy a piece her and piece there you may not get the proper parts. it would be cheaper but it may be very time consuming...

just my thoughts...

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Back