I want to put a 87 gn motor in my 94 camaro. Can this be done

brittken

Crazy for Sonya!!!
Hey guys I sold my turbo t not to long ago and now I want to install a 87 gn motor in a 94 camaro for a different twist. I want to know if this can be done and are there any examples of this. I think this would make a interesting project and would like some input. Thanks, James

This can and has been done. One was installed into a firebird, I think 93 or so. There was an article on it in GM High Performance a few yrs back, I still have the copy. Should not be all that hard to do. Depending on what tranny you have would be the only issue. The guy that built the firebird was a NJ resident I think. I have the article and could possibly scan it for you.

Originally posted by sailor77
Sure sure show me up... see if I care.. LOL thanks makes it a lot easier that way

I was going to do the swap into one of my thirdgens and found that article a while back, so I already had it bookmarked. I figured that was the one you were talking about.

Every time I did a search for the guy that article is about, I really don't find much...

thanks.

Hey thanks guys. I plan on doing a transplant like that also. Hope to see you in bowling green.:)

I have seen one of those before. They did one of those swaps at Agressive Auto Performance. Not sure what year it was, but it was definitely the body style that you guys are talking about. I'm not sure what they did for electronics - don't know if they ordered a painless wiring kit or not. It was a nice clean swap. I got to see it at several stages of progress, and it turned out real nice. Anyway, my point is that if you are going to do it for real, call Bruce and talk to him. He has done this at least once that I know of, so he will be able to tell you exactly what you need, and probably be able to sell you alot of the stuff. I have done business with them more than once, and would definitely recommend them.