I want to swap my 85 hot air engine to a 87 engine ,

balmori amaya

I purchased a 1985 GN but within a few months my engine shot out , I saved up the money to rebuild it performance . My question is how hard would it be to convert the 85 set up to 87 grand national engine . What all would I need to buy to make this happened , is it worth it ?

Is it worth it ? YES
the list is long but relatively easy to get.
is your car in good shape, NO rust, good paint and good interior?

Get ready for most suggesting you sell your 85 to then buy an 86-87.

Imo- if your car is in good shape and all it needs is an engine swap/upgrade i'd go that route.
Also how much of your own work can you do? that will play a big factor $$$$ wise on is it worth buying another car or building what you have.

Is it worth it ? YES
the list is long but relatively easy to get.
is your car in good shape, NO rust, good paint and good interior?

Get ready for most suggesting you sell your 85 to then buy an 86-87.

Imo- if your car is in good shape and all it needs is an engine swap/upgrade i'd go that route.
Also how much of your own work can you do? that will play a big factor $$$$ wise on is it worth buying another car or building what you have.

The car is in perfect conditions , perfect body , interior is great , seats are very good , only thing is my engine . I don't know what all I would need to do to convert it . I'm getting a great deal in a engine thru oreillys but don't have a clue what all I need to get with it

The car is in perfect conditions , perfect body , interior is great , seats are very good , only thing is my engine . I don't know what all I would need to do to convert it . I'm getting a great deal in a engine thru oreillys but don't have a clue what all I need to get with it

You get nothing. Still need a lot of stuff. Like a complete intake, brackets, exhaust manifolds an so on.

Engine wise, only a few things are usable; Complete engine, starter & heat shield, fuel rail/injectors, ECM . . . and some of the header studs. LOL
Engine & injector harness, PS header/X-over, down pipe, intake and piping, turbo, PS valve cover, etc. all need to be replaced . . . . . just too much work for *me*.
Read the sticky and you will find more info than you may care to know.

When people say "its worth it", its about power and associated parts availability. If all you are interested in is cruising and don't care about racing, leaving it HA will be the simplest / easiest / cheapest.

Send a PM to @Boost231 for HA parts if you decide to go that route.
Good luck with it.

I'm running out of hotair parts. But I do have a intake, turbo, throttle body, brackets etc that will make over 600hp.

I have a really cool item I need to list for you guys as well but holding off if someone wants all my stuff

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

If you do decide to convert I have a lot of the parts you would need jus pm me & good luck with witch ever route you choose [emoji1417][emoji1417]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Engine wise, only a few things are usable; Complete engine, starter & heat shield, fuel rail/injectors, ECM . . . and some of the header studs. LOL
Engine & injector harness, PS header/X-over, down pipe, intake and piping, turbo, PS valve cover, etc. all need to be replaced . . . . . just too much work for *me*.
Read the sticky and you will find more info than you may care to know.

When people say "its worth it", its about power and associated parts availability. If all you are interested in is cruising and don't care about racing, leaving it HA will be the simplest / easiest / cheapest.

Send a PM to @Boost231 for HA parts if you decide to go that route.
Good luck with it.
Thanks man this will help get a list of items I need , there is a guy 3 hours from me that is parting out a 87 and he needs a list of items I need to convert it over

I'm running out of hotair parts. But I do have a intake, turbo, throttle body, brackets etc that will make over 600hp.

I have a really cool item I need to list for you guys as well but holding off if someone wants all my stuff

You have peaked my interest [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

You have perked my interest [emoji6]

It's a package deal and it's not for someone who cant fab a up pipe or downpipe. Or someone who doesn't have time to play and tune. I have part of a downpipe to make things easier. If you want to talk about it pm me or text me.

It's a package deal and it's not for someone who cant fab a up pipe or downpipe. Or someone who doesn't have time to play and tune. I have part of a downpipe to make things easier. If you want to talk about it pm me or text me.

Big turbo? Maybe intercooled setup? I just built my 3 inch dp not ready to move on quite yet. I'm keeping my eye open for a ta33.

Big, very big.. if your still looking for a ta33 this setup isn't for you.

Big, very big.. if your still looking for a ta33 this setup isn't for you.

Lol you are probably right. I'm just getting my setup sorted out. My tuning abilities are sub par on a good day.

How much are you asking for the parts ?