Is my engine a generic remanufactured engine based on this tag?

BOP Nutt

I have performed several searches and can’t find any info on this tag. I have the engine apart because of a blown head gasket. Tag was attached to the front of the block. I pulled the pan and the crank is turned .010 and 60 stamped on the pistons. Crank doesn’t bother me but if the bore is .060 that’s a bit much for a turbo 109. Does anyone recognize this tag?
0e38acf76310d8cfacc93a4d22d3f85d.jpg

81df70d0280f1ea8f3658c8e7911a941.jpg
63821f64cc84e36b389afb365498f7a4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jasper? Heads the correct number?

Chuck,
Yes it has the 8445 heads and has performed great for the 4 years I’ve had it. I’ve upgraded to TE60, CAS V4 SLIC, 3” DP, TT chip with 60lb injectors with and alkycontrol kit. I run it regularly at 25 psi with no KR.

Maybe it a jaspers that got lucky with correct crank, block, and heads being replaced.

Is it a 109 block ? If so then it’s just a remand block . .060 is on the big side I personally wouldn’t go much more then .040 after that the walls get a bit thin

Yup, that's the 8723PT1. Not built for turbo use. The fact it lasted four years and took boost around 25 PSI even once is impressive.

You nailed it....here is a pic of gasket number.....I had to go look after you said that. Makes me question the whole engine although it has run reliably at 20+ psi for several years

a9309f949f044a88c15e822b4665f4ec.jpg

You nailed it....here is a pic of gasket number.....I had to go look after you said that. Makes me question the whole engine although it has run reliably at 20+ psi for several years

That gasket is what comes in the Fel-Pro master rebuild kit for the engine. If it held together as long as it did, the whoever did the reman did a decent job, they just followed the book and used the kit that the catalog told them to use. Had they used the proper gasket, it *might* have lasted longer.

Tear it down and measure everything. If the bearings looked good, then put it back together with the right gasket and ARP studs and you should be OK for a while.

A large part of head gasket sealing under boost is not from the gasket, it's from the clamp load the head and head bolts are providing against the surface and if they are flat or not.

Do you have a pic of the bottom of the pistons? I have a feeling they won't be forged.

That's the top, but that's one rough cast dish. It looks like a set of Badgers or the like.

That's the top, but that's one rough cast dish. It looks like a set of Badgers or the like.

Ha...I thought you meant the bottom half of the circumference since the original pic had coolant covering it. LOL Notice the different bolts on the mains. [emoji848]
5ee710d3b26dbfa58ae1c1e82a4acd9b.jpg
59f77b604f7ed2cd1760fdf1aa83a735.jpg

Before installing the hg's, make sure you you r heads are machined flat. Remember, stock bolts and ARP bolts have a different torque specifications. It's use ARP bolts and torque down 40-60-85 with stock style felpro head gasket.

Jmo

I wouldn't over think it. Though the cast pistons are worrisome to me, you already did four yrs and no reason it wont go more. I'd do studs on the heads and a decent gasket and put the thing back together and run it.
Then while you are having more fun with it be on the lookout for another block and the rotating assy that will work to be ready when this one does let loose.