Is the TA 1510 oil booster plate same as Kenny Bell type plate?

CS99

wanting more idle pressure and have a TA plate right now, would like to swap to Kenny Bell.

What's your psi at idle? Mine runs 18-20# with VR1 10w30 when at operating temp. That's with stock front cover and new stock replacement pump properly set up.

17 at idle hot, but my high end not going over 45. Got the yellow spring in pump. Maybe I should try 10-40 weight

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

No it does not. But I would like more top end also

60 at WOT is plenty 45 is low. What color spring are you running in the pump? Another trick is to get the springs end plug and drill and tap it for a allen stud that's the width of the spring and then screw the stud in and use a nyloc nut in conjunction to hold the stud secure. This allows fine tuning of a little more out of the spring. But its not going to make a 45 lb spring go over 60. Typical oil psi at idle on a HOT (HOT meaning fully heat soaked and been driving in the summer, ac on, after a pass, etc) idle in gear after a beating TR is normally around a few maybe more but that's the typical average 12ish-20ish.

Spring is ONLY for MAX relief NOT idle.

Ok, im using yellow spring. Will trying tightening it up also. Getting a steady 15psi hot hot idle.

17 at idle hot, but my high end not going over 45. Got the yellow spring in pump. Maybe I should try 10-40 weight

Booster plate not going to fix that....bearing clearences or pump issue.

I check it against my mechanical gage. Always a possibilty the autometer sending unit is off. My sandwich adaptor has 2 of the 1/8 npt ports for sensors.

You've got an issue that one of those stupid plates can't fix. There is a difference between a 'booster plate' and a 'thrust plate' BTW.

With any luck, you have something stupid going on in the oil filer adapter, but I kinda doubt it. If there was an issue with the relief valve causing low pressure at upper RPMs, it should kill your idle pressure down to damn near nothing.

Ok. Maybe time to check end clearences on my pump gears. It is a brand new TA assembled front cover. Do I need plastigage and set end clearence for .002?

Wear or booster plate the gears will keep better end clearance longer when they are againgst a steel plate vs. alum filter adapter.

Gotcha, first on the list though is to verify if my gage is right. This is a brand new motor. Maybe got some crap in the sending unit.

Just an update, I switched to Brad Penn 10w-40. added 1/4 shim to yellow spring. Getting 19psi at 165 deg oil temp. goes to 65 when reving to 3500. This is with a mechanical gage. Ordered a new sending unit for autometer electric gage. Have not installed booster plate. Cold start I get 80psi at idle.

Just an update, I switched to Brad Penn 10w-40. added 1/4 shim to yellow spring. Getting 19psi at 165 deg oil temp. goes to 65 when reving to 3500. This is with a mechanical gage. Ordered a new sending unit for autometer electric gage. Have not installed booster plate. Cold start I get 80psi at idle.

I'm guessing you meant a 1/4 OD washer, not a 1/4" thick shim?

Sounds like you need to remove the shim if you used a washer.

I'm guessing you meant a 1/4 OD washer, not a 1/4" thick shim?

Sounds like you need to remove the shim if you used a washer.
Like this
0a3413b57dbdcee0ea80dca7553b5c56.jpg