Jesse Combs: R.I.P.

RiP. She was one of the greats.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

She was a badass chick and a hell of a driver! It's a shame it ended up this way. :confused:

God speed Jessi!

Neal

Rumor has it that Fuel Shut Off system failed. Anyone in the loop that is able to confirm or deny this rumor?

There should be independent redundant fuel shut offs. The web-site for the craft that Jessi was piloting shows several modifications/maintenance/up-grades to the fuel system, steering system, control switches, seat & restraints.

A lot of changes to driver control interface.

Her name is misspelled in the title of this post. Not sure if I did that, or spell-check did.

Most of the time I can brush sometime like this off because they made a choice to take that risk. Don't know why this one is SO different for me personally because it's really bothering me.

Watch the interview on Hoonigan garage, she's had some close calls in this car already.

Any official reports or updates on the cause of the accident?

All I've been able to find, was a failure to shut down & traveled beyond the course on to rough ground.

Hard to believe that there wasn't more of a roll cage. I suppose at that type of speed a cage might not matter.