Job Stress?

Could be wrong but I believe 90% of work is just showing up so this too shall pass.. just curious what do you do for a living ~JM~?

Could be wrong but I believe 90% of work is just showing up so this too shall pass.. just curious what do you do for a living ~JM~?
Many things. Business owner. Independent contractor.
Cool, I do electrical work, nice to virtually meet you lol.

All I can say I’m glad my job is to go once a month to get my retirement check out of the mailbox. The world has evolved into one more stressful hell hole.For all of human advances to make the world a better place, I really wonder are we better off. ????
Good question Ray, i feel the same,. looks like you've got a few years on me & I value the opinion of people who can compare present time to a better time..

I can appreciate telling people to buck up, stop the crying, but this is not what my comment is going to address.

I look at this and see some f&$kstick financial weenie, that probably wears loafers with no socks to work, thinking he just trickf&$ked his way to making more money by increasing inventory turns. Meanwhile back at the ranch, he is killing employee incentive to do a good job, and pissing off customers with empty shelves. Freaking nonsense, no nothing assholes running US businesses into the ground trying to make a name for themselves.

I liked my job, but left three years early cause of the way management starting d!cking us over. When you successfully run a refinery unit for 30+ years and suddenly a bunch of 20-something "engineers" two miles away in a 4 story office cubicle start telling you how to operate, it's time to bail. A lot of us old-timers left around then and from what I hear, there have been numerous costly "incidents" since then. Sometimes, it's best not to meddle with a good thing even though you got the itch...

All I can say I’m glad my job is to go once a month to get my retirement check out of the mailbox. The world has evolved into one more stressful hell hole.For all of human advances to make the world a better place, I really wonder are we better off. ????

No direct deposit?

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Thats what i was thinking when i first read that. I started using direct deposit in 1988. It saves a lot of time in receiving money and no standing in lines or going to the bank to cash a check or to deposit it.

Then again, you can use your smartphone to take a pic of the check and deposit it into your account using the bank's app.

Billy T .
gnxtc2@aol.com

If you read the fine print, you may be surprised to learn that direct deposit is not just a one way transaction.

No direct deposit?

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com
Unfortunately my retirement check comes from across the pond. Direct deposit is not a option for these assholes since it’s no longer a American company. I’m just glad I haven’t been screwed out of that yet. Did get screwed out of the health benefits. So it goes, oh well.

I liked my job, but left three years early cause of the way management starting d!cking us over. When you successfully run a refinery unit for 30+ years and suddenly a bunch of 20-something "engineers" two miles away in a 4 story office cubicle start telling you how to operate, it's time to bail. A lot of us old-timers left around then and from what I hear, there have been numerous costly "incidents" since then. Sometimes, it's best not to meddle with a good thing even though you got the itch...

This is what is happening at our GM plant . Hiring kids right out of college to be Skilled Trades supervisors !!! Imagine a 23 year old girl fresh from her job at a ice cream shoppe with an engineering degree , telling a bunch of tradesmen all with a minimum of 20yrs , how their job should be done !! " we don't need those books & manuals , you can find that info on the internet " WHAT !!! I didn't know the internet had my notes I wrote in those manuals when you were in 1st grade ??? We now let them tell us what to do and when we need parts , we have them get them and when that doesn't work we ask them what THEY want to do next !! They love to micro manage , so we let them , and sit back and watch the sh#t show !! After all what do we know !!
Rant over .

Last edited:
This is what is happening at our GM plant . Hiring kids right out of college to be Skilled Trades supervisors !!! Imagine a 23 year old girl fresh from her job at a ice cream shoppe with an engineering degree , telling a bunch of tradesmen all with a minimum of 20yrs , how their job should be done !! " we don't need those books & manuals , you can find that info on the internet " WHAT !!! I didn't know the internet had my notes I wrote in those manuals when you were in 1st grade ??? We now let them tell us what to do and when we need parts , we have them get them and when that doesn't work we ask them what THEY want to do next !! They love to micro manage , so we let them , and sit back and watch the sh#t show !! After all what do we know !!
Rant over .

Yup! My youngest brother (59) is going thru it now at GE's Cincinnati Jet Engine Plant. He went straight there from 8 years in the AF, built the engines, then wrote the build/rebuild manuals, also designed and built numerous fixtures to facilitate the process. Now getting d!cked over after losing most of the value in his 401k that was held in GE stock during the Immelt "reign". Between the disgusting "PC" culture of today and the whiny children running things, people with an actual brain don't have much of a chance...

The kids coming into the work force today can't find their own asses with a flashlight and a road map, or in their case, the GPS on their got-damn smartphone...... :):mad::mad::mad:

Now that I think about it.......I'm pretty sure they couldn't even read a map......

Oh, and Whole Foods employees are some of the most pretentious, condescending, snotty little bitches I have ever come across in the world of retail sales. Both male and female employees.

I've shopped there only twice, the first time I thought "maybe it's just me"........ the second time, I knew it was really them.

Won't go back and it has nothing to do with empty shelves, it has to do with the employees' attitudes toward the customers.

Last edited:
I'm a hit-man for the Mafia, so I don't have to worry about shopping there,nor job stress...I just eat what's in the dead man's refrigerator. Most of my targets are rich, so the eating is great.(y)

Bruce '87 Grand National

The kids coming into the work force today can't find their own asses with a flashlight and a road map, or in their case, the GPS on their got-damn smartphone...... :):mad::mad::mad:

Now that I think about it.......I'm pretty sure they couldn't even read a map......

Oh, and Whole Foods employees are some of the most pretentious, condescending, snotty little bitches I have ever come across in the world of retail sales. Both male and female employees.

I've shopped there only twice, the first time I thought "maybe it's just me"........ the second time, I knew it was really them.

Won't go back and it has nothing to do with empty shelves, it has to do with the employees' attitudes toward the customers.

You guys need a Wegmans store out your way !!