You can type here any text you want

Killing with my 'international'

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

robertmee

Just got her out for the spring thaw...New fluids, plugs, wash and a few minor tweaks....Still running only 17#'s w/ Alky turned off for the moment until I get my WB installed and the new TT chip.

Going down a 4 lane 55MPH state road and a 2010 crossfire pulls up with a nice looking blonde and her hubby/bf riding bitch. They're both looking over and she draws a heart in the air and he's frantically trying to get me to roll down the window. I oblige and he yells out, 'Is that a Monte Carlo or an INTERNATIONAL?' I politely reply, GRAND National, and he's 'oh, those INTERNATIONALS are sweet...Let's get it on!'...We've slowed to about 40 MPH now, so I punch it and by the time I'm doing 70, got at least 3 car lengths on them....I slow and they do a slow drive by and he yells, 'I love you man' w/ a big thumbs up.

Not a great kill, but the ol 'International' represented well....Can't wait to get the alky running again.

Awww, mine's just a 'national':frown:. Maybe one day I'll move to the 'international' ranks:D.

Thats some funny chit. "International" LMAO. Some peeps are dummer then stumps.:rolleyes:

Well at least he didn't call it a Grand Nash like my "non-car person" firend does. Every time he says it I just cringe...

I always think about those old Nash Metropolitans - you know the tiny cars that look like they need a wind-up key in the back of them...

BTW, at least the guy recognized that it was something special... (I actually had some lady walk by my Grey T at a car show and ask her husband why someone had brought a stupid old regal to the show...:mad:

Good Kill

Aren't the Internationals those rare twin turbo cars that the FBI had ?
:D:D:D

No, no, no, no, no! Don't you know your Buick history, those are just Nationals like mentioned before. Internationals were special CIA only cars that would convert to right hand drive for use in foreign countries. It was because the steering column and clutch pedal could be changed that they could only have 1 turbo. It's a well documented fact since the CIA cold war records have been opened due to the Freedom of Information Act.

:biggrin:

You would have walked him more if you didn't have your 4 row turning plow behind you hahahahahahha. People just kill me

I was driving out of a car show with my buddy Pat and heard someone say "Yeah, that's one of them Grand Internationals". I guess it's better than being called a Monte Carlo SS.

Just got her out for the spring thaw...New fluids, plugs, wash and a few minor tweaks....Still running only 17#'s w/ Alky turned off for the moment until I get my WB installed and the new TT chip.

Going down a 4 lane 55MPH state road and a 2010 crossfire pulls up with a nice looking blonde and her hubby/bf riding bitch. They're both looking over and she draws a heart in the air and he's frantically trying to get me to roll down the window. I oblige and he yells out, 'Is that a Monte Carlo or an INTERNATIONAL?' I politely reply, GRAND National, and he's 'oh, those INTERNATIONALS are sweet...Let's get it on!'...We've slowed to about 40 MPH now, so I punch it and by the time I'm doing 70, got at least 3 car lengths on them....I slow and they do a slow drive by and he yells, 'I love you man' w/ a big thumbs up.

Not a great kill, but the ol 'International' represented well....Can't wait to get the alky running again.

Crossfires were only made until 07 a few are 08's I have an 04 coupe. they are fun cars in standard trim, the SRT6's are animals, 330 stock hp from a 3.2L supercharged Mercedes V6 built by AMG. the regular crossfires only push 215 from the N/A 3.2. Mine is quick, but my 84 GN is quicker. the SRT's were only made in 05 and about a dozen or so were 06 models.

Crossfires were only made until 07 a few are 08's I have an 04 coupe. they are fun cars in standard trim, the SRT6's are animals, 330 stock hp from a 3.2L supercharged Mercedes V6 built by AMG. the regular crossfires only push 215 from the N/A 3.2. Mine is quick, but my 84 GN is quicker. the SRT's were only made in 05 and about a dozen or so were 06 models.

Car looked new and had 30 day tags on it, so I assumed it was a new model. Oh well :o

Thanks for the model info.....Does the SRT have any badging? How do you tell?

the SRT's have a fixed wing on the back and a small SRT 6 badge underneath the crossfire badging on the trunk/hatch. also the wheels on an srt have more spokes, the N/A's I believe are 7 or 8 spoke.

Back