You can type here any text you want

Late model GT wants a "go"

• Thread starter Thread starter GNeric
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
G

GNeric

I was on my way home on Thursday night and pulled up next to a topless black convertable V8 GT with 4 people in it. A girl was driving and there were 3 dudes with her. I had the window down almost half way and had some Pantera playing when the passenger leans out over the door and yells "Grand Nationals Suck". I acted like I didn't hear him and he yelled again..."HEY!, Grand Nationals Suck". I looked over at him, actually, they were all staring at me and they looked like I killed their moms or something. I shrugged my shoulders and mouthed "whatever". When the light turned green, we both stood on it and we were dead even until the turbo spooled up and I pulled about 5 cars on them until I got to the next light. I got there before the cross traffic got the yellow light and had a chance to pull on the trans brake and start building boost. They pulled up next to me and the same guy yelled "What the f**k is your problem?!" I yelled back "your face and your breath" just as the light turned green and let off the trans brake. I proceeded to rip them a new one and just as the trip odometer turned 4/10's, I let off for my road to go home and they were at least an 1/8th mile behind me. When I turned, I watched the mirror and as they went by, they were flippin' me the bird. :eek: They were from Texas and I didn't see which county. If they were from El Paso, I'm sure I'll see them again.

Jeez, late model Stang owners SUCK!! I have a 69 Mach 1, and the vintage guys I hang out with are nothing like that. Don't they see they are giving themselves bad reputations?! Sadly, they're getting to be like the riceboys. :rolleyes:
ANYWAYS...hehe. Congrats on the kill...hope they learned they're lesson. I always love to hear when @$$holes get the crap beat out of them. :D :D

Good kill GNeric. Sounds like some guys knows what a GrandNat is and lost to one. ;)

I admit back in the day I would run my stang against a GN/TType, never talk trash though, I just loved the sound of the turbo spooling up. Of course sometimes I needed binoc's to see the Buick's taillights:eek:

I have to agree about the vintage ford guys. They are pretty much laid back and have respect for the cars. Back in 88, I was driving my 75 monza. I had it running 13.24@108 and there was a guy here with a BEAUTIFUL 87 GN. We were out at the illegals and he asked me if I wanted to get things started. I said "sure". He asked what I was driving and when I told him the monza with the hood scoop he said "no thanks". I was pretty disappointed that he didn't want to race. I was kinda lookin' forward to getting spanked by that machine. I later found out it was bone stock (no chip or anything) and ran low 14's at around 92ish. He did race some other guys though and I was pretty impressed by that car. I actually fell in love with the GN in high school when my friend Everette got his 85 brand new...the one I own now. :D

I never did talk trash. Unless it was to some high school kid who thought his LOUD 16 second 1-legger cougar or truck was fast. Then I showed no mercy. I still feel that way. I don't advertise what I have done to the car with stickers, on the body, under the hood, or on the fridge at home. ;)

I also used to have a 76 mustang II that I was going to fix up with the help of a 302. When my grandpa caught wind of the plans, he sold it. He bought the car for me anyway. That was my first car and only had it for about 6 months, back in 83. Now I'm all BUICK (3) and can never get enough of these cars...well, we do have a 99 4Runner and an 86 442 in the stable along side my monza and vega. :)

I don't know what the story is with these A-holes who start sh!t out of nowhere on the street. It's true, it's as if you just slaughtered their families or something. What's all this friggin anger? This world is really beginning to suck. If people would grow up and learn to take an ass beating on the road like a man and stop starting all this trash talk out of the clear blue sky while your minding your own business sitting at a stop light, the world would be a better place. I just love it when people flip the finger, what clue do they have about me? I could be some psycho who will follow them home and finish them off. The amazing thing is, most of the time it's chicks. At least the chicks here in NJ are fu**ing out of their minds. They drive insane, tailgate at absolutely ANY speed without regard for themselves or anyone else around them, and if you tap the breaks at all, they get all pissed off, speed around you and flip you the bird, as if to say, why the fu*k did you hit your breaks while I was tailgating you at 75mph? I hate people. But I bet it's like that everywhere now. Traffic has become so bad that we literally have to fight to get anywhere. Driving just pisses you off, and driving in NJ makes you as crazy as everyone else after a while.

But really, I'm happy in general. :D

Originally posted by Ken Mild
I don't know what the story is with these A-holes who start sh!t out of nowhere on the street

Sh!t, Sometimes, you beat someone by like 8 busses and then they want to fight you. :confused:

I just laugh at these stupid people who show no class.

:cool:

Funny!

GNeric,

Sweet Kill Dude, Y are stang owners so fast to try a car that they more than likely know will hand one a$$ cheek to em at a time??:D They are just funny as hell...I love putting the smack down on stang guys but its always funner when they talk trash.
One time after I beat up on a 2001 Cobra and before we raced from a dead stop, I said if you lose by more than 2 cars your girl goes home w/Me for the night.....He was pissed and actually jumped the light...After getting maybe a car and half length on me I smoked his a$$ whomping him by about 4 cars or so...Next light I said C'mon honey time to go home w/Daddy!!:D

Todd

OMG!:eek: If I would have thought of that a while back, I could have a whole collection of "honeys" by now. I don't know where I would keep them...wife might make them stay outside with the dogs. ;)

Originally posted by BluDevil
Jeez, late model Stang owners SUCK!! I have a 69 Mach 1, and the vintage guys I hang out with are nothing like that. Don't they see they are giving themselves bad reputations?! Sadly, they're getting to be like the riceboys. :rolleyes:
ANYWAYS...hehe. Congrats on the kill...hope they learned they're lesson. I always love to hear when @$$holes get the crap beat out of them. :D :D

Please dont speak for all late model mustang owners, because all are not like that. The ones like that are idiots who have GT's that just have CAI and Exhaust that think they own the road. My mustang club has over 25 mustangs, and none of the owners are like that, and yes, its all late model mustangs (oldest one is a 87 GT). It is true that these punks are what give us bad reps, but like i said, 99% of the Mustang owners with actual fast modified mustangs are not like that.

HEHEHE!

Originally posted by GNeric

I never did talk trash. Unless it was to some high school kid who thought his LOUD 16 second 1-legger cougar or truck was fast. Then I showed no mercy. I still feel that way. I don't advertise what I have done to the car with stickers, on the body, under the hood, or on the fridge at home. ;)

Thats me! Naaa, mine runs 18's:p F**d boys get to me, but I also agree about the vintage stang or f**d guys. There not like the new punks around. Everyone with a fox body, or later model stang I know think there sh*t don't stink and they've got the fastest domestic rice in town. But I do also know some cool stang guys myself, but only 2 or 3.:D

Originally posted by BluDevil

That statment is so true!!!! I agree 100%...:cool:

Well, I saw this moustank again today on the way home from my shop. They were from El Paso, TX and they were quite friendly today. :eek: They were in the lane next to me and about 2 cars back. I hung back when the light turned green and kinda waited for them. When they pulled up next to me, the passenger asked me if I knew a few people from EP. I only know one of the names he asked about and then he said "cool car dude, those are fast" and they proceded to do the speed limit for the next 2 miles. Guess they were lucky I wasn't in my 84 T...it's MUCH quieter than the GN. :D

In my experience, it has nothing to do with the car. There are tons of jerks out there, some drive Z-28's, some drive Mustangs, a few even drive Buicks..;)

IMHO, most seem to drive imports nowadays..

I'm tellin' YOU :D There is a kid here with a newer TA that thinks his car is the fastest/mostest furious-est F-body in the world. Everywhere he goes it's " I won that race too". He has the typical teenage greasy hair-all-one-length-with-the-Waldo-part thing going on. He went to the last swap meet and did nothing but burn out around corners and speed thru the parking lot. Now I'm not putting down people with long hair, mine is almost to my butt, but I keep it clean and out of the way. :)

This story reminds me sooo much of a run-in with a rustang back in high school.
I had an '87 Porsche 924S (944S motor, posi, bone stock) and was sitting at a light on Speedway in Tucson. A white Mudstain GT Convertible (I think it was an '84) pulls up on my right with a guy driving and two girls in the car. The guy starts out with "Nice P.O.S. I decided to do nothing more than give a dirty look. He then proceeds to tell me that my license plate should say "Hoover" because my car sounds like a vaccum cleaner. He says "4 bangers aint sh!t" and that when the light turns green he wants me to flash my headlights when I'm at WOT so he knows that I'm still attempting to race. At this point my buddy and I were getting p!ssed :mad: My car was by no means a street demon, but I was able to hang with an IROC 350 with an exhaust, power pulleys, and chip so I wasn't terribly slow.
As the other light turned yellow I decided to rev the motor to 5000 RPM's and just dropped the clutch on green. The look on the guys face as the smoke was billowing out of the rear wheels was hillarious :eek: Once I hooked in second I killed him by about 6 car lengths and caught him at the next light.
He was speechless and had this mean look on his face. The girls were laughing at him and I said, "how's it feel to get smoked by a vaccum?" He didn't say a word and just nailed it on green. This time I just hooked 'em up and got ahead of him in time for him to hear a nice second gear squak as I continued to pull. I let off in third to see if he would catch up, but he ducked out on a side street and never showed up again. :)

BuickMike, this didn't happen to take place around August of 88 did it? I was living in Phoenix at the time and I saw something like this happen while down in Tucson visiting a girl I met at Golf & Stuff (MetroCenter). I was about 3-4 cars behind the action. I don't recall the color of the porsche as I was in the lane behind it. I could clearly see the mustang. Damn that sounds familiar.

GNeric,
This happened in the summer of '93 I think. I only had the car for a few months. I'm sure there have been many Rustangs to get their arse handed to them by 4 banger Porsches ;) Of course this was when all the punks had 5.0's, but no one really had any good mods yet so I was able to have my pick of 5.0 kills.

Back