Lear Siegler seat covers in, and ready to start covering them

Your moving pretty fast there Toby. I'll be ordering mine with door panels when tax refund gets here. I'll also be getting a Nos Hood liner soon.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I got them from PUI, I have an account there. You can get them through Gbodyparts.com, I know he has an account

Got a chance to spend some time covering the rear seats. THey turned out very very nice

before

after

before

after

installed pictures

making marker marks where the rings were helps determining pleats

more progress made. Did alot of repair on the mechanics of the drivers seat bottom as well as bun material using a certain type of poly fill made for upohlestry

The seat back was taken back apart to shove more fill into the center seat pads because there is not enough fill. I think I have the seats the way i wanted them to look now.

I cannot decide if I want to put the ash tray in the back. It looks clean without, but not proper without.

I think I will hold off on the ash trays for now, can always put them in at a later time.

Here is an actual seat finished with tracks!!! yea! Finally.

The before and after amaze me.

Door panels put on this evening.

tobyp
Royal Smart Person
Re: 1984 Buick Grand National coming back to life!
by tobyp on Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:41 pm

Back seats in, carpet is in front pass seat is in, sail panels are in...getting closer!

tobyp
Royal Smart Person
Re: 1984 Buick Grand National coming back to life!
by tobyp on Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:07 am

Refinished my console this evening and applied the custom applique to the center console. I decided to two tone the center console to accent the dual colors of the 84 GN stand out even more

And the other seat was installed

when i redid my front seats the new padding was to thin so i reused the original padding and it looked factory.

I decided to fill mine out a bit to make the piping look nice and tight. I too used the original padding as well as polyfill one to make it extra padded and nice.

That's the best interior these car ever got! Wish mine came with it lol

Are those seats a factory option seat?

I know that a newer century t-type that my dad and I parted out had seats almost identical to those. They are now in his '37 Chev 2 door sedan.