Lighter Calipers

Two Lane

Is there a source for lighter weight "Hi-Perf" calipers that will work on the factory rotors? :confused: :confused:

TIA!! :)

I believe Wilwood makes some for the circle track cars. Alot of the stuff they use is interchangable with our G-bodies.

circle track..look on www.stockcarproducts.com, places like that. They usually identify the calipers for G-body spindles as "metric" calipers. I believe Howe even has a 2 piston aluminum caliper that fits metric spindles.

Some research I did into the Wilwood replacement aluminum calipers made me a bit nervous:
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=80756&highlight=wilwood

I also called Wilwood tech support and point-blank asked them: "I've heard of some aluminum calipers cracking, what's the deal with that?" Without confirming nor denying it, the tech responded something like "all products are continuously being improved".

I asked about warranty if cracking did happen, and the repsonse was "Products are intended for racing and there is no warranty unless Wilwood decides it's a manufacturing defect."

I decided to stick with the stock iron calipers, paint them with POR15, and rebuild them., even though it's a PITA.

"Your mileage may vary", as they say.