You can type here any text you want

Limiting rear travel

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

captndave737

I have DSE drop springs and when the rear suspension is fully extended the springs can fall out. Also my exhaust hits the drive shaft.

Is there a way to limit the extension of the rear suspension? Shorter shocks? Something else? I need to shorten the extension by about 3".

You could fashion limiter straps out of spare cutoff material from beefy car tie downs- wrap each end around something robust, heat up a punch and melt holes in it, use bolts with fender washers to hold the ends together. Snowmobile rear suspensions use a setup like this to allow you to tune the amount of pressure on the skis

Heres a pic to show what i mean. With a little creativity you could adapt this to control excessive droop

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171130-083221.png
    Screenshot_20171130-083221.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 102
I have DSE drop springs and when the rear suspension is fully extended the springs can fall out. Also my exhaust hits the drive shaft.

Is there a way to limit the extension of the rear suspension? Shorter shocks? Something else? I need to shorten the extension by about 3".
Hi Dave!

I wouldn't suggest shorter shocks cause you need the travel in the shocks for ride quality, I know it is a pain in the but to deal with when the car is jacked up in the air but it's best left alone. Instead of jacking the car up by the frame rail jack it up by the axle and then place jack stands under the axle and that will eliminate that issue. Once the car is on the ground there is nothing to worry about..

Back