You can type here any text you want

Line lock pics

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
good evening everyone I just bought a hurst roll control / line lock kit and I’m looking to get some ideas on mounting locations and I all so have a vacuum set up and I want to make sure that I still toe into the rear brake line

good evening everyone I just bought a hurst roll control / line lock kit and I’m looking to get some ideas on mounting locations and I all so have a vacuum set up and I want to make sure that I still toe into the rear brake line
Hi Nick,

Well I see you already bought a Hurst line lock kit.... I just want to give you a heads up on the Hurst solenoids. We used to use those in our line lock kit's but had a real bad run of them not working properly, they would "click" but would never hold the brakes back. we must have went through 11 bad ones in a row and had to switch. Not saying your's will be bad, they might have fixed the issue already. just a heads up..

Here is our Line-Loc kit that includes a mounting bracket and all hardware for $223.00... http://www.gnsperformance.com/brakes-g-body (In bottom right hand corner of page)

I have mine mounted like this I know it’s not the nicest setup but have had it on there for 6 yrs with no issues . I believe it is the hurst line lock as well .

Attachments

• 884DEE34-5A36-471E-82EE-B809399B2886.jpeg
    884DEE34-5A36-471E-82EE-B809399B2886.jpeg
    726 KB · Views: 194
I have mine mounted like this I know it’s not the nicest setup but have had it on there for 6 yrs with no issues . I believe it is the hurst line lock as well .

I’m trying to remember the back brake line off of the master cylinder is the fro t brakes for the vacuum set up I did the Swap I while back and I can’t remember now lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m trying to remember the back brake line off of the master cylinder is the fro t brakes for the vacuum set up I did the Swap I while back and I can’t remember now lol

This is how mine is set up so idk it’s been working just fine for years now so I haven’t messed with it

Here is how the GNS Performance Line-Loc kit mounts.... Comes with "Everything" including the mount, fittings, solenoid, switch and flexible line for $223.00

LLK4.jpg

for the GNS kit, is there a SS line option? can you get it with the Hurst line loc instead? you're using what appears to be a Moroso unit which I've had the opposite luck with. TY

for the GNS kit, is there a SS line option?
Yes It's possible to add the SS line for the added cost of the material
can you get it with the Hurst line loc instead?
NO we will not use Hurst solenoids again after the bad run of them they had
you're using what appears to be a Moroso unit which I've had the opposite luck with. TY
No our units are not moroso solenoids, ours are Biondo and they are rebuildable and we have Never in 11yrs of business had an issue with them.

I'm convinced Scot, just bought one from you last night based on this thread. Good info.

cool, how much? have you guys done it before? pics? it will be an DOT SS brake line?

The added cost is $23.00 for just the braided line it's self.. We used to use SS braided line but it wasn't as flexible as the rubber and the way ours mounts and the line is run the rubber works better... Our lines are special made Professionally and tested @ 3000 psi before they are handed over to me so they will Definitely hold up to the psi of the line lock..

I also have bought one from Scott , just haven't installed yet . The only thing I would like to be in the kit is a line that will go from the solenoid to where it bolts on to the brake lines under the power master down by the frame . So you wouldn't have to bend the factory line .

I like the location

Made the lower mounting plate first and mounted the line lock.

Then just connected the dots. You may need a little practice bending tubing. All my brake lines are stainless. The entire car, from front to back, every single inch, were custom fabricated ,bent and installed by myself. So installing the line lock was just part of the set-up.

You may be better off using Scot's GNS Performance set-up for simplicity. Everything you need in one box. Every time I get wrapped up in the smallest little task, the inconvenience and time wasted going to the parts store or ordering things last minute from Jegs or Summit makes the job 20 times more aggravating.

Last edited:
The added cost is $23.00 for just the braided line it's self.. We used to use SS braided line but it wasn't as flexible as the rubber and the way ours mounts and the line is run the rubber works better... Our lines are special made Professionally and tested @ 3000 psi before they are handed over to me so they will Definitely hold up to the psi of the line lock..

can you do a hardline? I am having a hard time thinkin about putting a rubber line in when everything else is hardlined or SS on my car. considering you have a mounting plate on your kit and the location is the same for anybody using it, why not a hardline? Thanks

Back