Looking for a good tech stl area..

Jh85buick

First post, I've been looking around for a while now and finally decided to join. I'm at a complete loss and am about to light this thing on fire and watch her burn. Long story short, I picked up this car. It's been sitting for 16 years. Mice had their wicked ways with the dash and engin wiring...I have since fixed all of that. Replaced all the vacuum lines, intake gasket, plugs and wires. Cranked her over and it will start and run for about 5 seconds, then die. If I pump the throttle non stop it will stay running barely..popping out intake and exhaust. Convertor glows cherry red, diconnected the exhaust to eliminate the possibility of clogged exhaust and it shoots fire out the exhaust like a blow torch. I'm at my wits end with this thing, I'm really wanting to bring this car back from the dead. Is there any good buick techs familiar with these cars in the stl area that I could trust to fix this and not take me to the cleaners while doing so? Or...anyone in the hermann mo area that may wanna take a look at it and see what they can do. Not looking for a handout, I'll pay labor..that's no problem.

Start and die sounds like a bad maf. Still running stock one? Do you have a scanmaster or scan tool? Maf should read between 4-7 at idle.
Try unplugging it and see if it runs.

Yes, sorry. It's an 85. Everything is stock except the thermostat which is a 160. I've tried unplugging the maf, there's no change

There used to be a guy that was big into turbo Buicks years ago. Not sure if he is still around or in business but his name was Mike Christensen at G&M Auto Center on Sappington Barracks rd. in south county. I had used him a couple times years ago and had good service and prices were reasonable .