You can type here any text you want

Looking for some input

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

oneshot

I own a ZX750 sportbike and i love the thing, the speed is nice but in reality i never really even drive it fast.It can do 150 no problem without breaking a sweat, my bike has saw 100MPH 1 time ithat i have had it. I pretty much drive the speed limit where ever i go and usually am in the back because i am the slow rider, i like the fact that my insurance is low and the truth is i would rather drive slow i am more of a poser you could say(that what my friends say anyways)

Im 37 years old but in reality i am still a kid who likes his toys and wants to have fun. Now that that is out of the way i think people would better understand where i am coming from and when i say things like no i dont drive fast it's not BS its actually the truth, i just like to have the toys that can do it if needed. Now on with my question

I have just a stock 1987 GN and am going to order a few upgrades for it. First thing that will be done will be my spring cleaning of course. After that I am going to add this stuff i have below on my car. This is just a street car I just don’t see myself going to the track maybe once or so if that. I would just like to add a few performance parts to it. I don’t plan on racing everyone I come across but the few times I do decide to get on it with someone I don’t want to be a easy lay if you know what I mean, I would like to give a little bit of a challenge if I can. Can someone give me a recomendation on the parts i have listed below are pretty good mods to add to my 87GN Stock motor.

MAF Pipes
Model: Chrome 3.5 INCH MAF PIPE-INTEGRAL INLET TURBO 85.00

Big Mouth Intercooled Cold Air Systems
Model: Big Mouth Chrome Steel Kit WITH FILTER195.00
Stock MAF sensor

Big Mouth Shorty Style Air Filter Kit
Model: 3.5 INCH CHROME Shorty Style Air Filter Kit TE Turbo150.00

from
http://www.buickgn.com/Bigmouthshortstyle.htm

1.Chip Upgrade from ERIC@turbotweak

2.MAF Upgrade / K&N breather

3.Adj F/P regulator

4.Walboro 340 F/Pump and hotwire kit

5.Scantool

Thanks for your time if you can offer any suggestions

EDIT

What is a MAF and also what about putting in some new injectors as another performance mod. If new injectors are recomended any suggestions on what type to get.

sounds good for a decent driver- put that scanmaster 1st on your list though :biggrin:

I have the cold air kit on one car and just a hard MAF pipe and K & N on the other.
You can get a hard pipe & k & n used for under 100.
There are some new flowed 50# injectors on ebay for 240 which is a very good.
The MAF will not need upgrading unless it is not working correctly.
As Andrew said a scantool tool, an adjustable FPR and fuel gauge should be at the top of the list.
If you can run a test pipe instead of a CAT would be another good upgrade.

The best mod I've done to my car so far has been Razors alky kit. Man, what a difference. You can safely run 21-26 lbs of boost on pump gas :D . Its a completely different car. The kit is easy to install, works with the stock turbo, ic ect. You can't explain how good it feels to jump from 14psi to 26. ;)

Doing the spring cleaning is a good ideal but before you spend money on anything you need to baseline the car and confirm that everything you have is running good. Confirm you don't have a cracked header, trans is shifting properly etc.

This is a good page for this

http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/recipes/Staged1.html

Special attention to every thing that says verify....

Once your running the numbers listed in stage one you can go about adding stuff.

Forget the K&N, Get the air inlet filter kit from the "TinMan". Great systems, designed and tested on a flow bench. Fit great! 586-939-2410

Consider a 3" downpipe AFTER you get the fuel pump and scan tool/scanmaster. A downpipe with a good free flowing exhaust is one of the best upgrades you can do for a stock car. The turbo will spool quicker and the car will really wake up.

Do the spring cleaning too, don't skip anything either!

Dave

Back