Lost my Airedale Terrier today...

toofastforyou

2FAST4U
My girlfriend and I are very sad today...as our 12 year old lovable Airedale Terrier "Gumby" died this morning from what seemed to be a stomach ulcer ...:frown: He was such a good "baby"...We'll dearly miss him!
Claude.

Sorry for your loss Claude I know how you feel, it's not easy when you lose a pet as they are as much a part fo the family as anyone. When we lost our Old English Mastiff in 2004 we didn't get another dog for 2 years, when we did take the plunge we went from a 200 pound dog to a 25 pound pug who thinks he's 200 pounds.

All I can say is time helps and best wishes.

That's sad! Very sorry to hear. My dogs are like kids to me. I can't even imagine.

My condolences and sympathies for your loss of a close friend/family member. He looks like he was a wonderful guy. We had a couple of gut-wrenching losses of dogs in recent years. Their memories live on. I hope you find another pal(s) to bring into the fold to enrich your lives as we did.

Art

Claude:
I am sorry for you & your girlfriends loss. Airedales are my favorite dogs, having had several over the years. You were blessed with many wonderful years with him, and I am sure that the hurt now will someday be replaced with remembrance of the years he blessed you and your girlfriends company.
God Bless & God Speed.

Thank you everyone for your kind words...we appreciate!...Gumby was such a loving companion, a real "member of the family"...but he got in some back pain lately and had difficulty walking. The vet gave him some medication but apparently, his stomach was too weak and he was throwing up each time he took it. We think that this turned to an ulcer which finally took him...
I think it's better that way though because he was in such pain...that's not what we wanted for him...and due to his age, the vet explained to me that there wasn't much hope he'd recover...so I didn't really have no choice but to have him put to sleep. He'll definitely cross the "rainbow bridge" one day and be peaceful forever...!

thanks again everyone.

Claude. :frown: :frown:

Claude-

Sorry to hear this. We lost our lab of about 11-12 years last March.

Tough time, but it will get better.

Take Care..

Ty

Dammm..hate reading threads like this.. Sorry to hear about your best friend :frown: My dog just turned 13 and it starting to have difficult times to. I also will not have him suffer. It's not fair to the poor dog. One thing I tell myself and will say to you. Look at the life all of the guys here gave their pets. That has to bring a smile to your face. People would kill for a lifestyle like they have.

Listen to Grumpy. How many people have ridden in a real shelby gt350 ragtop. Grumpy's dog and grumpy get to thumb their noses at the purists and say, its just a car, the dog is something more. :D

My dad was a vet for 30 years so I've seen a lot that most people don't want to see. I've gone through a loss or two in my life when it comes to pets. Went through one a couple of years ago and it very surprising how rough it can be. My suggestion and I'd bet 99% of the people on here would agree. Give yourself a very short time to remember, but bless another dog very soon with the love and companionship that you gave Gumby. Gumby can't be replaced, but another dog can make you smile. I'd bet almost anything that if you brought another family member (dog) home in the next week or two you'd be surprised how much things will get better. I didn't replace my loss for almost 2 years last time, and now wonder why I waited so long. I could go on and on about the differences from the last pet to the current one, but it doesn't matter. That's what makes us love them. Again, don't wait, bring another dog home. You're not replacing him, you're remembering him and enjoying the new companion at the same time.

I am so sorry to hear about that Claude. Our dog Turbo is a part of our family too, I couldn't imagine it...:frown:

Again, thanks everybody for your encouragement...it's really appreciated. :wink:

Also Mike, you have a "turbo dog" ??

Claude.

P.S: One good thing is that we still have our other little dog "Sunny", pictured below...Having him will surely help us go through the loss of Gumby...