Lower sheet metal air dams.

boostingbuick

Going to be buried in this.
I had the patterns for about 10 years now, and today I got a day where I can make them. From the side I didn't like how the middle of the car was lower than the air dams. So I made mine lower to have the same line as the rocker, frame rail. I will have them powder coated after I have them fitted. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 477
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 418
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    627.2 KB · Views: 430
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 435
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    980.4 KB · Views: 437
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 458
On the car

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 551
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 515
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 571
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 544
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 498
Very very nice. I like your style, stock but slightly modified. How much lower are they than stock?

Thanks, I wish I recall, its been years. I would guess 3.5 inches. I will measure them and let you know.

All you need now is a horizontal splitter and some black paint.
Conrad
ps...I would also tilt the front piece forward an inch or so at the bottom to enhance aero.

Thanks Conrad. I have made the lower fold to house Zeus fasteners and the splitter is in the works. And powder coating.

Nice work

That would never work on a strip car that is trailered though...Hell I tore off a set of stockers once already coming off of my trailer at Richard Clarks.
I have always thought about a front air dam with double hinges in the front facing piece to allow it to swing in or out...All I lack is the skills...LOL

Bryan

I agree that cars going on and off a trailer would be almost impossible, but a set of hinged or quick release air damns can be made.

Any new photos? Can you powder coat aluminum?
Conrad

Intrigued .....full width....
Bryan

I am a fabricator, race car and hot rod stuff. I have learned that almost anything is possible. But making it for a reasonable price can be the biggest challenge. I will work on it this week making a pattern out of poster board and see how easy this will be.

Any new photos? Can you powder coat aluminum?
Conrad

Sorry, I am out of town till Monday so the car is not on my list right now. Powder coat, yes. I plan to have them powdered coated Satin, when I get the Chin spoiler fitted. I am sure that its a few weeks out. But it will happen. Still need to pic up some Zeus fasteners and a sheet of aluminum.

This had been on my someday list for when my car is actually in my shop !
Don't forget the brake cooling ducts !
Looks great, nice job.

I am making some stock looking ones soon. I can add ducts or just about anything I can weld to. And , Thank you.