You can type here any text you want

LS1 beat me like a drum!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

InHock

Last night after I have whooped a few mustangs here a guy sees me in town and asked if i would race his camaro. I asked him what he had and he said a stock LS1 and a 6 speed. I told him I would try him so we met out of town on a stretch of road not traveled hardly at all and I did a few starts a 5 pounds of boost and it launched real good so I pulled up and we had a starter. When we lined up I got my boost to 5 pounds and when I left I blew the tires off!! I couldnt believe it! I never could catch him and he beat me by 10 cars!! Well when we came back to town I asked him again if his car was stock and he told me NO! Besides having a 150hp shot of nitrious he had motor work done also. Well I guess I am going to have to throw more money at my car or maybe someone wants to bring their GN here and give him a lesson on what the dark side really looks like!!!:D

Uh...if you can hook at lets say 10 psi, you would have bumpered him. (or even handed him a car length.)

I really would like to beat this guy cause I know it will be all over this small town we live in. I am sure I will be hearing about it for some time. BUT, I will burn his ass when I get some more goodies for my car, really need a new tranny with a stall and maybe a trans break first!!!

There is always a faster car out there just as there is always someone tougher. Just a little modivation to throw more money at it;)

Hey GNBRETT, Yea, but I want to be the fastest on my block!! You are right though I hate that when I get out run and It does make you sick, at least it does me and the only way to deal with it is like you said "throw more money at it!"

I allready ordered it from julio last tuesday. He told me it would ship thursday and maybe I will have in a day or two. Maybe I will try him again after I install it but I need to wait till I get a converter.

if traction was your only problem you should address that before adding more parts. Just a suggestion

550 dollars on tires will put the power to the ground instead of putting the evidence of power on the ground

I have drag radials on the car now and did 3 burnouts before we lined up and each time they hooked. But when we lined up and I did leave at the same boost level it just blew the tires off! Dont know why,the pavement looked the same. I have got to get him to the track when I do more work to my car then see what happens:D :biggrin:

Those LS1 are not weak, i have a friend with one, and i had to upgrade to beat him. The Alky will put you where you want to be!

All of you guys tell me the alky will help but I was running race gas of 110 octane. Is alky better than that? Is it going to be alot faster with alky than race gas? Please answer someone who has been there, done that! Thanks

you never mentioned what boost or timing you were running. Alky is a cheaper alternative than 110 especially if your primarily a streeter.

All of you guys tell me the alky will help but I was running race gas of 110 octane. Is alky better than that? Is it going to be alot faster with alky than race gas? Please answer someone who has been there, done that! Thanks
Well honestly the race gas has the added octane to cover knock and allow you to turn up the boost while Methanol does the same but it does something race gas don't and thats Cool the Inlet Air temps!

You ever drive your car when it's 45* outside? Well the methanol acts like that and your car loves it!

Iv'e raced a TON of LS1's here by me and most of them had more than 150 shot of nitrous and I blew them away! Things that Must happen- In order..

1) YOU HAVE TO HOOK!
2) You have to be on KILL (24-27lbs boost)
3) You have to get the jump! Good light..

-You have the turbo to beat most of them. (must be in the 20+ boost range)
-You have the injector to run the boost into the 20's with methanol.
-You have the tires to grip (May need to lower air press)

Things I would look at up-grading!

1) Converter from (Dusty Bradford) here on the board!
2) Look into a H&R bar for rear suspension. (Mine worked Great!)
3) PRACTICE LAUNCHING!!! & MORE PRACTICE!!

Whenyou get real consistant and confidant and your car is tuned just right then it's time to go find him and try that again!! ;)

Good Luck!

SW.

Thanks scott w I have yet to get anyone to answer that question! I know I need a converter and will get one soon. I really need to beat this guy or I may have to call in some guys to come here and introduce this LS1 to the dark side!!!:D

I really need to beat this guy or I may have to call in some guys to come here and introduce this LS1 to the dark side!!!

Where is here at lol ? Where are you Daniel Ray

You have MT ET Street Radials and even getting them hot it smoked the tires at 5psi? What size, 275/50/15?

Any suspension work?

Back