Ls7 Maf?? Translator

nonova0074

Will a translator work with a ls7 card style maf? Just trying to plan out my future mods and plan on running a 4 pipe to the turbo. Would a 5pin to 3 pin harness need to be used?

seems odd looks like it could work it would mean less connectors and less of a hassle. Thanks was reading that post also

if you used a 4" pipe it might work ok, but pipes that big have wierd turbulence patterns at low flows. Any other size pipe would require some tuning work. A translator Pro, or a Gen-2 would have enough tuning flexibility to make it work.

You would not be able to use the temperature sensor in the MAF, its different enough from the stock one to not be usable.

Bob

Ok i went back and read it and the card style MAF sensor works with the translator but the built in ATS doesnt so you still have to mount the stock ATS in the MAF pipe which is why theres that break out for the ATS. I used the 85mm MAF sensor with my 4" MAF pipe and the built in ATS.

if you used a 4" pipe it might work ok, but pipes that big have wierd turbulence patterns at low flows. Any other size pipe would require some tuning work. A translator Pro, or a Gen-2 would have enough tuning flexibility to make it work.

You would not be able to use the temperature sensor in the MAF, its different enough from the stock one to not be usable.

Bob

Bob, please tell me the ATS works on the 85mm MAF cause that's what i'm using.

ok, I was planning on using the 4in Rjc pipe with both bung for the maf card and iat sensor. Now what translator will work can I go with the regular one or is a gen 2 need. Thanks so much for you help guys.

ok, I was planning on using the 4in Rjc pipe with both bung for the maf card and iat sensor. Now what translator will work can I go with the regular one or is a gen 2 need. Thanks so much for you help guys.

the regular one will work,

the Gen-2 will work better, if the tune is not spot-on.

Bob