machine shop in illinois

tta1240

CAMEL TOE
i broke my crank in my gn and i was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a good, reasonable machine shop in illinois to build my engine. i'm thinking of bringing it to dls in indiana and having him build it. i'd like to hear if anyone has any other suggestions. also, i'm wondering where i can get a forged steel crank. thanks for any input.Home

Dls

It will be cheaper in the long run to have DLS do it right the first time.

He is the man it would be worth your drive trust me.

Dls

That is a bummer Jim!!! My heart dropped when I heard the news. I would also recomend taking it to DLS! Dan does awsome work! His reputation with buicks is great! to say the least. it will be a VERY strong engine when he's done and it will be done 100% correct the first time around. Good luck and please keep us posted on the build.

Scot W.

i know one thing im going to put a steel crank in it!also thinking of a rollor cam and a stroker kit.this car just made to much power for that stock crank :confused:

Dan is the man . I should have my fresh rebuild from DLS running this weekend. I know he takes alot of pride in his work. He is fine craftsman for sure. I live in Central Illinois so I delivered and picked up my motor. He balanced a crank for me last year when I took out the trust bearing running the stock crank. Gone in Sixty DLS is located in Wheatfield Indiana 219-956-3653

First time I ever saw a car have a broke crank and still run. The funny thing is we really did not put any real power to it. Thinking back on it now, thats prolly a good thing. :eek: We could have left motor guts all over 191st st. lol!
Kind of a blessing that the car did not want to run.

Hey Tone the Bone, you got that car runnin yet? Come on bro! LOL

DLS Engine Home

Rickie,
Get your tuning tools ready bro. The Atomic GN should fire this weekend. I had to add a external pump, fuel cell, 1/2 inch fuel line, and a mid motor plate. Come on man Rome was not built overnight. You should be here helping me! Get ready because I will be making a trip to US41 very soon and will need your expertice dialing in the new set-up.

Rickie,
Get your tuning tools ready bro. The Atomic GN should fire this weekend. I had to add a external pump, fuel cell, 1/2 inch fuel line, and a mid motor plate. Come on man Rome was not built overnight. You should be here helping me! Get ready because I will be making a trip to US41 very soon and will need your expertice dialing in the new set-up.

Can't wait bro! ;)

im thinking a rollor cam ant suggestion?right now it has a 221/218 525 lift/112
lobe swperation.

without a doubt Dan is one of the best.

im a big fan of the 210/210 billet roller for street/strip cars.

without a doubt Dan is one of the best.

im a big fan of the 210/210 billet roller for street/strip cars.
I agree! That cam would work PERFECT! with Jim's supporting mods. Guy's look at his mods listed in his signature! Once he builds a killer solid bottom end that will be the final touches on that combo..

Scot W.

I would go with a 3.5 down pipe and look out. That is why I asked what it ran but he never replied. I have about the same set-up minus aluminum heads.

Hey buddy, its Rich, I have the other gn in manteno. My cousin Mike lives done the block from Marty. Sorry to hear about your crank. DLS is top notch but i think there are other machine shops that could help you out too Later

well i been doing alot of thinking about my build and i definetly want to go for a roller cam and steel crank but i'm unsure if i should make this thing a stroker. what are some of the differences i can expect from a stoker versus a non-stroker engine?

well i been doing alot of thinking about my build and i definetly want to go for a roller cam and steel crank but i'm unsure if i should make this thing a stroker. what are some of the differences i can expect from a stoker versus a non-stroker engine?
Jim first you should say what you want your goals to be with the car so everyone can give you some correct advice.

Daily driver?
Mostly street driven?
Mostly track, some street?
Mostlystreet driven, Some track use?

Once you know FOR SURE what your goals are then I would call a reputable builder, Tell them your goals & use's with the car and let them recomend something.

But anyone will need to know your goals & use's to give you the right advice. Otherwise you will just get tons of advice that covers the whole spectrum..

Scot W.