You can type here any text you want

Made a quick $100.00

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BUICKTR

Tonight I just made me $100.00 easy $$$. A young rich kid with a 95 RT Viper pulled up to our local strip hangout thinking he was all that. He bragging about how much power his Viper had and no one could beat him. I walk up to him in a friendly tone and ask him if he wanted to try my Turbo Regal. He look over and said in that Black Monte Carlos:mad: I told him it isn't a Monte Carlos SS its a Buick Regal. I was a little upset about that so I told him lets make it interesting how about some $$. He agreed with a smirk:p Someone line us up and we got ready. As soon as the signal to take off I took off like a bat out of h???. I launch with about 8 lbs of boost on footbrake. I took that Viper about 3 cars length at takeoff. By end of race, about 1/4 I still had him about 2-3 cars. Note this was with my street chip at only 19 lbs of boost. I was laughing so hard I almost forgot to collect my $$. When we pulled back to the parking lot, he said how much NOS did I use. I said about 19 lbs of it:D I also told him it was only a little bitty 231 V6:eek: He did not have nothing to say after this a?? whooping. I never race my car on the street, but had to teach this kid a costly lesson;)

What kind of tires to hold 8lbs of boost? Good kill. Not too bad when you beat a car with four more cylinders

Man the kid must have been clueless. Not even a 450 HP Viper (not that it would have mattered :) )

maybe he'll tell his story to some Viper buddies and you can make some BIG money (someone with a Venom 650R should have money to burn :) )

Good kill. What is it with Viper owners thinking you must be running nitrous to beat them. The one I beat went around telling EVERYONE, even my friends that know the car well that I had nitrous. I took it as a compliment.

Toddmingnworld

My car has a rebuild blue printed engine w/billet center main caps. 218/218 cam, TA62, 20 row IC, 50lb inj, stock heads with valve spring upgrade and valve job, power plate, Precision conv (3200) stall non-lockup, DRW Race Trans 2004R, Walbro fuel pump, adj fuel reg. This car gets up and moves. I just had another kill last night at our popular hang out. I race a 95 Mustang GT that runs 11.30 on NOS. That car has a 331 stroker engine with Canfield Alum heads, race cam, full exhaust w/dumps, Cobra Intakes, bullet mass air, 70 TB, 4.10 gears in the rear end, 5 speed, and had a set of Mickey Thompson slicks on it. I know this information because a friend of mine knows him and the combo of that Mustang. We set up a race I was a little nervous not knowing what to expect. We lined up and got ready to race. When we launched I took that Mustang about 2 car lengths off the takeoff, my Buick just hook awesome. I use Hoosier quick pro times. I had that car all the way about 1 1/2 to 2 car length all the way. I did beat him!:D When we pulled over he could not believe what had just happen. He said that he will want a re-match another time. But next time I will have more boost just in case he decides to add more NOS;)

BuickTR,

Sounds like a great set-up...Sounds like you have a solid 11 sec street machine...How much boost were you running at the time you raced the 95 Stang?

Todd

Back