Manual Boost Controller

Stamos

For those of you running under-hood manual boost controllers, where did you mount yours? Would you please submit photos so I can get a decent idea where to mount mine?

I searched the archives and found nothing relatable.

TIA!

I had mine on the pass side valve cover right where the stock boost solonoid use to be before I moved it to the inside of the car. Sorry don't have any pics

On the up pipe next to the alky injector.

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 568
  • 002.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 166
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 522
Yes sir.

I've since gone to an external waste gate and purchased a Turbosmart controller that' will be inside the car.

I've gone to the external gate as well and still run the Hallman inside the car.

Why are you guys actually running a manual controller? For the Ext wastegate? Are they more accurate than the soleniod.

Why are you guys actually running a manual controller? For the Ext wastegate? Are they more accurate than the soleniod.

The manual boost controller is just much easier than changing it down at the turbo, plus I have the BC inside the car so I can adjust on the fly.

I haven't ran the stock solenoid in years. Just recently had the external gate installed so no more boost creep, if you set it for 20 lbs by god you get 20 lbs and that's all.

So what type or brand of controllers you guys running ? I have the RJC one now but something more simple or easier would be good , Thanks Keith

And I have one for trade ....... actually, I have 2...... One New In The Box and the one I used on my car.

It was dead nuts on once control was set.

The reason I swapped is because I want all that "electronic" newfangled, beeper and buzzer stuff, at least whatever I can cram into my 30+ year old car. :eek:

The Hallman did me a damn good job, was super easy to set and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a manual boost controller.

Last edited:
belsie

Didn't receive your PM.

New in box one is already gone.

I just installed Lorenz Boost Controller. Mounted it to the turbo compressor housing. I can take a better pic if needed

IMG_0770.JPG

Why don't you mount in inside so you can turn it up or down while you are driving ? I had my manual BC right under the dash by the e brake and it was awesome not having to get out and pop the hood to change the boost and guessing at that . With it inside u can turn it up while in it and know exactly where it is set at

I mounted mine on the pass valve cover.

Attachments

• Turbosmart.JPG
    Turbosmart.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 337
Agian why mount it under the hood ?? To guess every time you want to adjust your boost? Or do you just like the look of it in the engine bay ? Just curious guys