May be a simple fix but...

TheHitman!

I am trying to get the passenger side valve cover off while being sick with a cold and just cannot get the back to come up far enough to clear the valve springs and rocker arms.

Is there a trick? I am just sick and wanted to get this one thing done today but I am getting my but whipped.

Might need to turn the engine over a little so the rockers are down making it easier to remove

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I took a screenshot of Bison's post so I could find it easy.
IMG_3910.PNG

Thank you Bison.

The trick I've found is to walk away.

Then come back in about 5 minutes (bonus points if a beer was consumed) and the cover will pop right off.

Zinc lozenges, plus chicken soup with plenty of garlic & the hottest chile peppers you can take.

Forget about the car until your health returns.

Much easier that way.

You sure it's your car?? Remember the guy w/ the cold, trying to get into someone's car... You may be trying to get the cover off your Yugo.

Got it out and new gasket on the cover now It will not go back on.. I need to just give up driving this thing this year...

Bump the engine over until the rearmost rocker is in a different place. Or just walk away and come back. That always worked for me before I tossed the 'heat shield' (AKA heat absorber)

and MAKE SURE you don't fold the gasket over on the back of the valve cover.

Yea I just need to step back until I feel better.. Then get my brother to come by and move it on as I turn the motor over with a pull handle.

I hate to mention at this time.................new body mounts work wonders!!