You can type here any text you want

Mickey Thompson 28x10.5 tire ID question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Turbo6Smackdown

Ok, threw a set of old 28x10.5's on for shits & giggles to see what happens. (this was a little bit ago, but now that I'm shopping for tires, & will be using section width for my requirements, I gotta know) They hooked great on the street. Not as great as I thought, but still better than I've ever seen thus far. Now that I'm looking in their catalog, I see five of these tires in this size, and they're spread about between four different section widths. I tried looking for serial numbers but didn't find any. How does one go about finding this out? I emailed MT but got nothing. Can try calling them as well. Anyone have a quick and dirty (besides measuring lol) method of determining exactly which model I have?

Last edited:
If your going with the taller tire the 295/55/15 street radials on an 8 inch rim work great,they have alot of contact patch and belly to belly fit great.if your staying a slick I liked the l4 compound on the mt slicks.

Well I ask because those specific Mickeys are just about one full inch too wide and too tall for my car, on 10" rims. So I've been looking for tires that are the same but one inch down on both specs. I found these. If you look at the MT site for 3054, you can see they're just about one inch smaller than the tire I think I have, which has a measured (by me) section width of 11.1. I'm guessing those are the 11.7 section widths.

Last edited:
28" tires are usually 275-60-15 and are about the limit for a 7" rim ...295-55-15 are about a half inch shorter but require at least an 8" rim and up to 10.5 " for about 27.5" tall.

If you look at the MT site for 3057, you can see they're just about one inch smaller than the tire I think I have, which has a measured (by me) section width of 11.1.
3057 is 12.9 on the section width,11 on contact patch,28 tall 88 on the rollout.the 295/55/15 et street radial is 12.0 section width,10.9 on the contact patch,27.8 in tall with a 87 in rollout.

3057 is 12.9 on the section width,11 on contact patch,28 tall 88 on the rollout.the 295/55/15 et street radial is 12.0 section width,10.9 on the contact patch,27.8 in tall with a 87 in rollout.

Woops. Sorry I apologize. That was a typo. I meant to enter in 3054. Edited for correction. 3054 looks to be one inch smaller in section width and height - 10.8 & 27.3 respectively.

Back