You can type here any text you want

Mickey Thompson ET Street Radial II Tires 295/45/17

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Monte_ExpreSS

Hey Guys,

Was wondering if anyone is running these tires in a 295/45/17 & could post a pic or two?

Does anyone know if they tend to run the size as marked, or are on the narrower side?

I want to see if I might be able to stuff a set in the back of my Monte Carlo.

TIA

they should fit because they have the same dimensions as the 275/60/15 at 28"tall and 11.5" wide. Should fit fine unless montes are any different.

Someone on here runs then on a set of street lites and it looks bada$$. I think his user name is "youlikethat".

I have a set- I think they are a little shorter than 28"-haven't put them on the car yet.

Someone on here runs then on a set of street lites and it looks bada$$. I think his user name is "youlikethat".

Na, I looked up his posts & he's running 275/50/17 M&H on a 8" rim. I have 9.5" rims

The Montes have a slightly narrower wheel well than the GN. But if someone had pics of them mounted on a car, & had a fair bit of room left, I think I could get them to fit without sticking out past the lip.

I remember seeing somewhere that someone posted that the older M&H & Nitto DR's ran on the narrow side. Not sure if Mickey Thompsons are the same.

They should fit fine, my car is lowered and still had alittleroom on the top.

I run the 295/50/16 MT drag radial that shares the same dimensions as yours on a 9.5"rim too. Lots of room there. The only mod I have done was rolling the lip on my fender, but that was done back in 1990 to fit a 28" slick in there.
Toronto-20110811-00147-1.jpg

Toronto-20110811-00148-1.jpg

Na, I looked up his posts & he's running 275/50/17 M&H on a 8" rim. I have 9.5" rims

The Montes have a slightly narrower wheel well than the GN. But if someone had pics of them mounted on a car, & had a fair bit of room left, I think I could get them to fit without sticking out past the lip.

I remember seeing somewhere that someone posted that the older M&H & Nitto DR's ran on the narrow side. Not sure if Mickey Thompsons are the same.

Copy and paste this link into your browser:

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/th...7s-which-do-you-think-would-look-good.367086/

295/45/17 on a 9.5 rim with 5" BS

Copy and paste this link into your browser:

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/th...7s-which-do-you-think-would-look-good.367086/

295/45/17 on a 9.5 rim with 5" BS

I have been reading up on wheels again and it seems most people that run a 5" BS are also running spacers. The exception is people with Aluminum drums because there are a little thicker than their steel counter-parts so they push the wheels out a little more. Personally I'm not too scared of running spacers, but some people are die hard against them.

IMAG0059.jpg
I run these on street lite 17/9.5 with 4.75 backspacing with no spacers. Fits perfect and car is low. Wheel lip is trimmed.

Mine are that size same tire 5" backspace on a centerline Qualifier....

Attachments

• IMG00056-20101016-1024.jpg
    IMG00056-20101016-1024.jpg
    456.8 KB · Views: 350
Ls1bu, thanks I think the malibus wheel wells are closer in size to the Monte than a GN is. That's a really nice looking car as well.

Never heard that the wheels wells are different. News to me. buddy has same setup up on his t type with same clearance as me.

I run a set on my 98 twin-turbo supra..bout 12 inches wide/27.2 inches tall,purchased from summit..They dont list them,you have to give them the size..

Good info here...I just ordered Mickey Thompson ET Street Radial II P295/45R17s for the rear. Hopefully the wheels will fit without having to roll or trim the fenders.

Back