MOVING FROM PT70 TO PRECISION 6466 DBB INJECTOR Q

mario65

Hot Roddicus Supersonicus
I run 24 PSI on a aluminum ported head mild cam build with 55# inj. No knock and 10.2 to 1.

The question is... am I to be concerned the new 900HP capable 6466 may run my injectors dry when the PT70 didn't?

Old turbo 68mm/88mm Garret with .82 housing
New turbo Precision 6466 .63 housing.

Last edited:
If you start cranking the boost up more than the current 24lbs you will incraese the injector duty cycle.
If you leave it the same you should remain near the same duty cycle as before, just quicker response from the turbo swap.

It does move a ton of air. I would watch my duty cycle to see where it goes. I run 80lb injectors but the fuel pump is where I'm coming up short.

I have an old dual red pump. I have hit 28 psi on a boost creep. I don't have more than a scan master and o2 wideband and both were good. O2s stayed good and got 2 degrees of knock and a dirty underwear.

Whats your duty cycle now?. I would.def invest ina powerlogger to.see where youre at d.c. wise. Why only 24psi? With 52# injectors I.would say youre on the edge especially if you go to a turbo like the 6466

At 28 psi, without Alky? I would expect you are getting high on the injector duty cycle. with alky you may be ok, you need to check it. If you have a double pump your good with fuel supply if everything is in good order.

No man I got alchy. Julio installed it and tuned the car too.

I ported the new exhaust housing so I don't think Ill be creeping.

I would need to get something to monitor the duty cycle I don't have it, just scan master and wideband.

In the back of my mind is to take it down to Hartline for dyno session. Holly is the one that told me that the injectors were not going to be enough. I told her I had a big snail before and was ok. No Im worried. I won't know until it stops raining, maybe tomorrow.

Assuming you are running gasoline or race gas....
I think you're gonna want larger injectors. If you want to match the horsepower capability of the components then the injectors should be more like the more popular 80lb/hr injectors. 6 of these can support around 800HP on gas. 95lb injectors would get you to 900HP capability.

then you're gonna need enough fuel pump to support that....

Ya, I see fuel pump(s) and injectors in your very near future.;)

I hear ya. Going fast is cool but man that kind of power breaks crap. I have billet caps and nice rods and pistons aluminum ported heads. I am on street tires and won't track it.
I can see me at Hartline getting injectors and tune though.

I have dual red armstrong FP

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-03-29 at 11.14.30 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-03-29 at 11.14.30 AM.png
    472.3 KB · Views: 237
I have a similar combo on E85. I run 120's and they are pretty close to 900HP capability.

So you all don't think 60's and alky will handle that turbo ? i'm asking because iv'e been looking real hard at it.

Well I went for a ride finally. It spools like a stock turbo. Its in quick. Feels like I went from a turbo to a supercharger. I am really happy with the spool which is the main reason I bought it. I haven't run over 15psi since the roads are little wet. I bought it from Hartline and the price was really good enough so the competitors were a little pissed when I price matched.

Its a freaking awesome turbo. If you can support it with the right mods its the ultimate street turbo.

A couple of pics just because.
2014-03-29 15.52.12.jpg

Attachments

• 2014-03-29 15.52.05.jpg
    2014-03-29 15.52.05.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 201
  • 2014-03-29 15.51.13.jpg
    2014-03-29 15.51.13.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 228
I do have FP Q.
The dual Red armstrong isn't enough?
Heres the graph I found on the net.