MT 275/60 pro's are going to be tight.

Mike T

Just got a pair to replace the old style MT 235/60 DR's. Took the wheels to the tire store because prior measurements (8 inch wheel w/4.5 BS) looked like it was going to be too tight to the frame rails and exhaust. Turned out to be a good call because sure enough when tightened down they locked up on the frame rails.

Looks like 1/2 spacers are going to provide 1/4 at the rails and wheel lip to be determined. on the other hand a good friend has same tire/wheel combo didn't need a spacer at all.

Got that combo on a friends car. 15x8 4.5bs with aluminum drums. We used a 3/16 or 1/4 spacer, cant remember.

Got that combo on a friends car. 15x8 4.5bs with aluminum drums. We used a 3/16 or 1/4 spacer, cant remember.
The 1/4 was what my friend thought it could possibly take on mine as well. Must be a few 1/16ths stacking up here and there. Aluminum drums thicker? Have to roll the lips?

Spacers have not arrived but 1/2 stacks of washers show that it should be about right. Stock springs and ride height. Jacked the car to a typical launch position and it barely clears on the inside and out. Tire distortion may change that.
1526308071199-1784391744.jpg

I bought some 15x9 4.5BS wheels and hoping to tuck this same 275/60/15 MT radial Pro. hoping this works out.

The spacers required longer studs in my case. Went with 3.25 studs with through nuts. Decided while the axles are out to upgrade with moser axles. Then of course bearings and seals. Never stops

Last edited: