You can type here any text you want

Mustang goes BOOM

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I thought this was kinda cool and funny as hell!!

One Saturday morning, I changed my injectors from 36s to 50 lbers. I made one pass in front of my house and got boost set to 25psi. I also noticed I had a wheel seal leaking. Well, Sunday morning I fixed the leak and went to the track to get new times with new mods.

Got to the track. Got in staging lane to make first pass and was talking to a friend that has a 55 with a big block. A guy in a mustang (who I had run before when I had a malibu) comes up and wants to run. I told him I really didn't want to run b/c this was my first pass since mods. But my buddy (with the 55) says "If you are scared just say you are" So I told the guy with the mustang "Hell with it then lets run." We get up to the line, I get ready to stage, I noticed that my brakes won't hold (b/c of leak from gear oil on my rear shoes) so I have to leave at idle. So he stages. We take off, I see him on my side. All of a sudden he is gone but not in front of me. I look in the rear view mirror and he is sitting at the 60foot mark. I get my time slip and park my car. I find the guy and say "What happened?" He opens his hood and he had blowed off his air intake hose and blowed his upper plenum completely aloose from the motor. All I said was " I thought you was wanting to run?" and walked away.

Come to find out he was spraying a 150 shot of NOS. It was good to me.

LMAO... that same thing happened to me when racing a mustang a few years back. Instead of your response, I said "maybe I should be working on your car instead". He didn't appreciate that too much. :D

Power Plate

Chicken :
Is the Power Plate you speek of from Kirban the one thatg goes under the stock intake. If it is I ordered one and installed it . Went and did some street racing and got my butt handed to me. I had a ton of KR and no power. Did it work for you ??
:confused:

no its the one from RJC. it seems to work well for me but i have only driven the car once on the street since ive had it. as soon as i finish what im doing i'll take it to the track and see how she runs.

You walk over to the guy and see hes damaged/broke his car and all you want to do is make a smartass remark? That sounds cool.

Back