mustang swap questions - HELP

eiuskoalman

I've decided to go the hybrid route and it looks like my car of choice will be a mid - late 80's mustang notch. i have no problems tackling the fabrication work but do have a few questions.
first, is it to my advantage to buy a 4, 6, or 8 cyl car to swap into? i understand that the 8.8 out back is a must but other than that ?????? any advise? I've located a nice 86 notch roller that i can pick up cheap but it was a 4 banger. stop me now if i'm gonna regret it!
next, will the powerstroke i/c work as a front mount without MAJOR fab work or??? i've seen the stocker jammed in the "stock" location but i'd prefer a front mount and the powerstrokes price make them hard to pass up on. thanks, aaron :confused:

As posted by a friend of mine we are doing an 88' Mustang hatch back, getting painted very soon but motor is fitted in.

As for what type of car it doesn't matter really you will change the springs out anyway to get the right stance you want the car to sit so you might have the V-8 car but go by the 4 cylinder car springs to get the front end down. At that point you will need caster/camber plates and the bump steer kit for it, I know I need to do all this to get mine to sit right and get the front end aligned right. Also you will need to get the 5 lug conversion kit and you can do that cheap really and I can give you info on that if needed.

To answer the second question I have welded two GN intercoolers together and have 3" inlet/ 3" outlet and it is mounted and mock up in front and I have 3" pipes run through the front fender and come though the side of the car. If you need some pics E-Mail me at Cjacobsen@midwestfinishing.com and I can get them out to you.