My first 9 second run!

evil666

Went to the track yesterday and I finally got my car to run into the nines, 9.78@137mph with a 1.43 60ft time to be exact. I would like to thank David Husek for a great transmission that he built me. My car ran great but not perfect. The whole way down the car was missing and popping. You can’t really tell from the video but it wasn’t running clean. When I came back from my 9.78 run I found my vacuum hose that connects to my RJC boost valve from the turbo popped off, so I was sure that was the problem. Put it back on and put a tie rap to solve the problem. Went for another run , got greedy and gave to much boost off the line and spun the tires, back off and went back into it just to see if the problem was solved but it wasn’t, so I let off the gas. I posted a picture of my log with the fast and you could see the yellow RPM line is very shaky . You could see off the take off my foot comes off the throttle and is not completely floored. I always have a hard time keeping the pedal to the metal when I take off. I think that I am floored but I am not. You could also see that in the middle of the run I start taking my foot off the gas again because I am not sure if I should be keeping in floored because of the popping and missing. Remember my car doing something similar to that in the past and it was my plugs, but I just changed my plugs a month ago. I stopped racing because, because I wanted to figure out my popping issue. Still very happy with my run , just wish I didn’t have that issue.

Attachments

• 4DF7299B-9C07-422B-A139-42DABF6B05E6.jpeg
    4DF7299B-9C07-422B-A139-42DABF6B05E6.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 139
  • 14848490-D938-4C52-B543-CA8F633A4D02.jpeg
    14848490-D938-4C52-B543-CA8F633A4D02.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 135
Are they YouTube videos? Or are you trying to upload them to the server like you do with pictures?
I believe there is a size limitation on each video, but not sure since the upgrade was completed.
If it's loaded on your YouTube channel, just copy and paste the direct link from YouTube.
It will automagically load then.

-Patrick-

Are they YouTube videos? Or are you trying to upload them to the server like you do with pictures?
I believe there is a size limitation on each video, but not sure since the upgrade was completed.
If it's loaded on your YouTube channel, just copy and paste the direct link from YouTube.
It will automagically load then.

-Patrick-
Hey Patrick
No they are not YouTube videos. One is a video from a friend of mine that he posted on Facebook, that I was able to copy the link and put it on Facebook but I can’t do the same here. The other video is a video that my brother took and sent it to me which is in my photo library in my phone. I was able to post that one on Facebook, but again I can’t do it on this forum. I don’t get it, I use to be able to do it in the past but now I can’t.

Are you running a Husek converter as well or a PTC??
NonI am running a 9 1/2 non lock up from PTC 3200 stall. I just sent it in not to long ago to get refreshed and tightened 200 RPM. It use to be a 18 blade but was changed to a 17 blade.
I heard a lot of good stuff about David Husek ‘a converters. If I would have to start over I would probably get one of his. Not saying anything bad about the PTC, they work great. I am so happy with David Husek ‘a transmission that if it comes from him it must be awesome.

NonI am running a 9 1/2 non lock up from PTC 3200 stall. I just sent it in not to long ago to get refreshed and tightened 200 RPM. It use to be a 18 blade but was changed to a 17 blade.
I heard a lot of good stuff about David Husek ‘a converters. If I would have to start over I would probably get one of his. Not saying anything bad about the PTC, they work great. I am so happy with David Husek ‘a transmission that if it comes from him it must be awesome.
I'm looking to run one of his converters, but don't know of anybody who has one...I know PTC is proven and there are a few friends of mine who I have seen do well with them, but I'm going to give Husek a try

i would get some more volts to your ignition system and or play with timing.
I had a similar issue on the street this summer and I changed the plugs and the problem went away. I have a feeling that the plugs that I was running are to cold for a street car and that they are fauling. So the other night I changed my plugs again for the same ones but 2 degrees hotter. Still didn’t get a chance to go for a spin to make sure that the problem went away. I know a lot guys upgrade their ignition system. The reason that I haven’t is because I remember being at English town New Jersey back in 1996 and seeing Laurence Conley running in the sevens with a stock coil pack and module. I always said if he could run sevens with those parts, I don’t see why I should upgrade the ignition system . Mr . Spool, if you think that I am wrong in what I am saying, let me know what you think.

I'm looking to run one of his converters, but don't know of anybody who has one...I know PTC is proven and there are a few friends of mine who I have seen do well with them, but I'm going to give Husek a try
I read out there guys running them and really liking them. I just don’t see how you could go wrong with David’s stuff. The guy is great to deal with and really knows his stuff. Only reason I am sticking with my PTC is that it does work great but I am sure that David ‘s converter could be just as good if not better. Just don’t feel like removing the transmission to sell my PTC to loose money and then dish out another 1200$. If I didn’t have my PTC, I wouldn’t think twice about getting my converter from David Husek.

How old is your module and coil?
My coil pack is from ESP and must be from the late 90s and my module must be at least 15 years old. If by changing the plugs and gapping them at .018 doesn’t work then I will need to start looking somewhere else. The car doesn’t run lean, has no knock retard nd the timing is very low at 17 degrees.

How does the 6870 spool on your combo? What is your compression? How much boost on your run? I am also running Dave’s pro plus transmission but I use his 3521 converter. I been 10.27 @ 133 weighing 3850. His stuff works for sure. My combo is in my signature.

How does the 6870 spool on your combo? What is your compression? How much boost on your run? I am also running Dave’s pro plus transmission but I use his 3521 converter. I been 10.27 @ 133 weighing 3850. His stuff works for sure. My combo is in my signature.
The 68/70 spools great!
Compression is 8.5 to 1
Weight 3740lbs with me inside 3/4 gas tank.
25 to 27 lbs of boost 1st gear
27 to 29 lbs boost second gear
30 lbs of boost 3rd gear
17 degrees timing

What was your 60ft time on your run?