You can type here any text you want

My Inner Moron

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

justcrusin'

Well, racing was over at the track for the day so I was kicking back at the camper and drinking a few bottles of red wine when I heard the anouncer:

""Lanes 7 & 8 for burn out contest...get em up here guys"

I put bottle number two down and hopped in the golf cart to go see the cars.
Thats all? not a very impressive line up.

On my way back to the trailer I heard the anouncer mention a trophy and a set of tires...this triggered my inner moron.

I quickly jumped in my 87GN set up with original rims and sporting an older set of firestone firehawks. I turned down the boost to around 17psi and headed towards staging.

There was only about ten of us mentally challenged racers fighting for this amazing honor.

The big tire door slammers couldn't hang in long due to engine heat and clunkers brought in for this were just that..clunkers..not impressive at all.
My turn came, I rolled my tires over softly in the pit..habit I guess.
I pulled up 6 to 8ft, pumped my brakes, held the line lock and let em start rolling. I sat spinning for quite a while at mild throttle watching for knock then checking temp. I could'nt see anything but could hear the crowd over the engine..the crowd was going nuts...what a rush. I let off when my temp hit 195 degrees. When it was over the park was filled with thick white smoke. The crowd voted based on applause and when the anouncer said "87 Buick Grand National" it was clear to all who had won.

After this jackass move I have been cleaning and doing maintenance and the car seems fine. I had told myself not to beat on this car anymore but I just couldn't help myself.

I know this it not a "kill" but I did indeed SMOKE everyone.:smile:

haha you made pee my pants thats some good stuff...
inner moron hahaaaaa
10 of you menaly challenged hahaaaaa,,, o ships i cant stop laghing this is good...

thank you soso much..

love the way you tell the storey.

Too bad there is no pics

Well, racing was over at the track for the day so I was kicking back at the camper and drinking a few bottles of red wine when I heard the anouncer:

""Lanes 7 & 8 for burn out contest...get em up here guys"

I put bottle number two down and hopped in the golf cart to go see the cars.
Thats all? not a very impressive line up.

On my way back to the trailer I heard the anouncer mention a trophy and a set of tires...this triggered my inner moron.

I quickly jumped in my 87GN set up with original rims and sporting an older set of firestone firehawks. I turned down the boost to around 17psi and headed towards staging.

There was only about ten of us mentally challenged racers fighting for this amazing honor.

The big tire door slammers couldn't hang in long due to engine heat and clunkers brought in for this were just that..clunkers..not impressive at all.
My turn came, I rolled my tires over softly in the pit..habit I guess.
I pulled up 6 to 8ft, pumped my brakes, held the line lock and let em start rolling. I sat spinning for quite a while at mild throttle watching for knock then checking temp. I could'nt see anything but could hear the crowd over the engine..the crowd was going nuts...what a rush. I let off when my temp hit 195 degrees. When it was over the park was filled with thick white smoke. The crowd voted based on applause and when the anouncer said "87 Buick Grand National" it was clear to all who had won.

After this jackass move I have been cleaning and doing maintenance and the car seems fine. I had told myself not to beat on this car anymore but I just couldn't help myself.

I know this it not a "kill" but I did indeed SMOKE everyone.:smile:

Would have loved to see pics

yeah, I wanted to know about the tires too.:)

Well, as it turns out it's a gift certificate to some tire shop. The sponser wasn't there and the track didn't have the certificate in hand and didn't know the exact amount....WTF???

The said they would mail it or I could pick it up next race...Cheep Ass Track.

I could use some 29.5 x 12" ....or something in the ballpark. Goodyears, Mickeys, Hoosier or Phoenix. I dont really care, all the same rubber anyways.

I do like the yellow lettering on the Goodyears, neato cool stuff there!!! LOL

Did you get your tires?

No, never did.

Gulfport Dragway Sucks.

It's only a 150$ gift certificate anyways.

Maybe I can get one tire if I drive 150 miles to get it.

What a joke.

Gulfport Dragway sucks!!!!!

Every year they promise to resurface.
The track seeps water and a large dip in the left lane can be deadly to fast cars.

Pics of the trophy?

Not too good with pics and computers...

Picture an 8" trophy of a steering wheel with wings on it.

As for the burnout:

Thanks to my Stepson Jared it is now available on u-tube.

Just type; "ultimate burnout grand national"

There are three videos because my wife was somehow taking pictures as she was recording.

Pics of the trophy?

Also,

Pay no attention to the 12.80 on the windsheild.

The car had it's steet tires and boost turned way down. A friends car broke down so I let him bracket race it on "safe mode"

Car has hit 11.49 1/4 with slicks and boost.
I wont put a roll cage in this one so that's about it for my street GN.

We have one GN owner who runs 10.06 and a 9.98 once.

He has no cage and no driveshaft loop. He goes home after several speed warnings per night.

They are finally giving him the boot untill the proper safety equipment is installed.

your title had me worried! i was expecting to read that something broke. i'm glad she pulled through, awesome videos!

your title had me worried! i was expecting to read that something broke. i'm glad she pulled through, awesome videos!

Thanks,

I was worried after I did it.

Had a heater core fail and I thought it was a blown head gasket at first.

Oh well, I by-passed it for now.

Who needs heat in the summer in Louisiana anyway?

Back