You can type here any text you want

My little turbo aussie (commodore) buick v6.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

aussiebuick

Basic run down is White with calais grille, new headlights, hdt headlight covers, calais tail lights, lowered on kings super lows in front and peders sport lows in back, kmac adjustable strut tops in front, new shockies at the end of last year, 19inch chrome five spoke wheels with 90% tread all round. Interior is all vn executive and very clean plus boost gauge and turbo timer, standard steering wheel for a bit of stealth.
Engine is stock vn v6 with custom turbo manifolds with t3/t4 turbo, gfb boost tap set at 11psi, MSD coils, vy supercharged plug leads and injectors, hidden FMIC, 2 and half inch exhaust, worked T700 g/box, stage 2 shift kit, corvette servo, kevlar bands, mini spooled 3.08 diff.
Car made 217rwkw & 610rwNm with stock coils and plug leads. (in mid 2008)
Car is alot stronger now had all top end rebuilt and all turbo gaskets replaced.
I would estimate the power too be approx 225-230rwkw.

The car was originally built in 2008 and has been one of the quickest and most reliable boosted cars i've ever owned.

But at the moment looking for more info on building it up too start making some serious power. I know the basic (ie forgies and rods) but in australia no one makes forgies or rods for these vehicles, so wondering if anyone in the states or else where makes these parts.

Any info would be great guys, then when all built ill update the thread:D
See how far i can push the little underdog L27

20110312152749.jpg

20110312152808.jpg

20110312152823.jpg

20110312152903.jpg

20110312152838.jpg

Over here we don't know much about Aussie cars but it looks like you've got a good set up there. Can you convert the power to horse power and foot lbs for those of us that are ignorant?

Thanks.:) That clears a lot up. So is this the same as the 3800 or the 3800 Series II engine?:confused:

same as my LN3 engines charlie FWD lesabre engine pre ecotec 3800 1989-90.
im in NZ we are running one up on the dyno tomorrow to get some power figures cant wait to see what it pulls moroso slide rule and injector dutycycle says its making round 420-450hp at the engine i think

Thought it was the same as my 3800 Series I engine. Should be a decent engine.

The actual eng code is L27 so think that make her a series 2. Anyone know where i get a set of forgies for this engine?

PM my nephew (goat) on the board. He's been looking at the series II engines after reading the conversion thread in the general section, and has found quite a few parts out there for them so far. He can probably point you toward someone that's making them.

Cool stuff. There is one of the series 2 engines going in a turbo Buick here locally. I can't believe the way these are put together from the factory. Roller cam, steel main caps, and an awesome oiling system. We were able to use 109 engine mounts on both sides (pass side needed some massaging of the block.) The accessories from a 86-87 tr bolted on. Got an adapter to use the 200 4r stock trans. Biggest issue so far is headers and some work on the intake. Ended up using a rwd intake from a firebird. We got a set of heads at a well known buick builder. He flowed them and stock they flow like a ported set of stock 109 8445 heads. These engines are all over the junk yards up here too. I fore see a lot of them making there ways into our buicks in the future.

Back