You can type here any text you want

My Stage II Motor is for sale

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

John Wilde

I'm getting too old for this $#!%
Staff member
Guys and Gals,

It seems that I have come to the end of my journey with building a Buick Race Car.
A single income in the Bay Area and a young family are a bad combination.
Starting in March we are actually getting priced out of our apartment…
I will continue to look for work out of this area so we can move but unless a miracle happens the Buick Stuff will have to go.

If you are interested please take a look at my add.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/parts-sale/208578-competition-stage-2-motor-sale.html

I will probably put up some other stuff as well.
-Race Air to Air, Rated over 1600HP
-Wolfe Racecraft Single Sway Bar Kit Complete
-T-400 Tranny with brake
-Black 86 T Type roller

Please let me know if you have any questions:

It's a sad day (but, for the right reasons).

I know all about that single income thing....

Pete,

Thanks for the support.
I am not sure how $2500-$2900 makes sense for a two bed room apartment.
Maybe I need to move some where that would pay a mortgage.

Good luck John. Hope you find a job elsewhere so you can get out of there. The souths humidity is hell but $1500 would get you 2000+ sq ft with a 3 car garage with more grass than you care to mow;)

Guys and Gals,

It seems that I have come to the end of my journey with building a Buick Race Car.
I will continue to look for work out of this area so we can move but unless a miracle happens the Buick Stuff will have to go.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/parts-sale/208578-competition-stage-2-motor-sale.html

-T-400 Tranny with brake
-Black 86 T Type roller

John - I may be interested in the IC. Shoot me a PM or email with the specs and info. Thanks!

Scott Wile

That rent is just out of control.

Just cruised some rental listings- $1200 to $1500 will get you into a 3br/2ba or 4br/2ba house in the Tacoma area. Plenty of homes for rent either side of those amounts.

So glad to have escaped the land of Da Guvanator AAAnold!

YA, my bud's daughter is paying $6000.00/mo, in NYC. And, that's for a 1 BR, on the 23rd floor. If she had a car, add another $2300 for a park garage space...
I'm really happy w/ my little 3 br ranch on 4 acres, shop, 2 car garage.. All for $800.00 mo, including taxes and ins!

Best of luck to you, John. That's a wonderful list of add ons, very tempting.

stage 2 parts

John. move to central indiana, about 40 miles north east of indy. and ill rent you a 2 bedroom house 1800 sq foot, with a detatched 3 car garage in a quiet area for 650.00 per month or ill sell you the house for a hundred thousand bucks. or less for cash, but it gets rather cool here in the winter, good luck with your sell, oc,

John. move to central indiana, about 40 miles north east of indy. and ill rent you a 2 bedroom house 1800 sq foot, with a detatched 3 car garage in a quiet area for 650.00 per month or ill sell you the house for a hundred thousand bucks. or less for cash, but it gets rather cool here in the winter, good luck with your sell, oc,

..........don't forget OC, there are no jobs in central Indiana either.........

John, sorry to read this kind of post. I hope things work out for you and your family and there is always another day to build a car. The car can wait.

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

The baby is healthy so in the most important way I am rich.
In the more conventional sense, not so much. LOL
As of right now we are focusing on the west coast.

John, the Boise area, what a great place, I'm not sure if you have been here
to visit Shawn or not if you have then you know, if not ask Chris Chow and get his comments, I do not know what you do for a living but you will not be paying 2500 a month for a flippin apartment, it would be like starting all over,
but your young enough to make it out in the end, and that is what counts, been here for over 20 yrs. moved here from the Phoenix area. Rough at first, but you gotta stay with it. Just ranting about a great place to raise a family, and real close to a drag strip. Warm to hot in the summer , low humidity and no rusted out cars like back East.

Ron

Dam John that's a lotta loot for rent:eek:. TTT Good luck with the sale.

John..

Guys and Gals,

-T-400 Tranny with brake
-Black 86 T Type roller

Im sorry about your situation. Those prices are insane:/ I could not imagine those prices when it comes to the cost of living! If it comes to selling things keep me posted on your Wolfe swaybar, Im interested, Good luck with everything! Things tend to work out, Im glad your son is well. Ryan

Sorry to hear

Thats a lot of money. Rural Ga and Florida you can get a whole ranch with a shop to do business out of cheaper than that. Thats why we are being overrun by retirees from the North. Sell a small house in New york for 500,000 to 1 million depending on location and size. Move to georgia Purchase a hundred acres and 2000 square foot house, new car, etc for cash and still have a lump to put ininterest bearing accounts. Pay less taxes and no traffic!!!!! Houses still seem to be started everywhere around me.
Anyways, enough of my rant. Good to hear the little one is doing good, and you will pull through this.

Thats a lot of money. Rural Ga and Florida you can get a whole ranch with a shop to do business out of cheaper than that. Thats why we are being overrun by retirees from the North. Sell a small house in New york for 500,000 to 1 million depending on location and size. Move to georgia Purchase a hundred acres and 2000 square foot house, new car, etc for cash and still have a lump to put ininterest bearing accounts. Pay less taxes and no traffic!!!!! Houses still seem to be started everywhere around me.
Anyways, enough of my rant. Good to hear the little one is doing good, and you will pull through this.

But of course it's a 110 degrees out all summer long as well. There is a reason why it's so cheap down there cause few want to relocate there. Georgia is flat, hot, ugly, and full of crime. Not to mention all the hillbillies and trailer parks. Can't think of anywhere less I would want to live.

There is a trade off with home/rent prices. Then again Connecticut is no jewl either with high taxes, cold weather, its share of crime and traffic congestion. If one plans on staying inside their house then I could see the attraction because one could live in a beautiful house with a lot of property.

But of course it's a 110 degrees out all summer long as well. There is a reason why it's so cheap down there cause few want to relocate there. Georgia is flat, hot, ugly, and full of crime. Not to mention all the hillbillies and trailer parks. Can't think of anywhere less I would want to live.

My vision of that state and it's people is forever corrupt now.............. :eek: ;)

hmmmm

Yeah your right. Hillbilly's etc. Hmmmm My neighbors are from Maryland, Michigan, New york, South Florida, Ohio etc. Maybe they like the lakes, golf courses, no snow shovels, etc. If when you visit your family in the trailer park thats what you think of then you must venture out a little more. It would be fine with me if people stopped moving here. Seems crazy when you pay 2000 -3000 grand to borrow something a month. Like in New york where my wifes aunt lives. 1.6 million for a floor in an apartment building. She has a 2 bedroom 1 bath flat. That is crazy to me. You could own a mansion here on the golf course and build yourself a race track for that. Please convince everyone you know that we are nuts though, because it lets me buy up more property.

Back