Need a part # for SMC Old Style In Bottle Pump

Tim Cucci

Can anyone tell me where to get a replacement Alky Pump for the Old Style SMC Kits with the Round Big Mouth Bottle? Somebody has got to have a pump out there that will work. I don't want a new alky system I just want a new pump.
Thanks
Tim

It is my understanding SMC no longer has access to the older style pumps. You may want to call Steve at SMC and see what solutions he may have.

EFI gasoline pumps will develop issues.

Hope this helps.

Tim, I'm in the same boat as yourself. Contacted Steve he no longer has pumps..... I'm currently using a EFI gasoline pump and as Razor has stated I'm anticipating problems. Have gone through probably 6 refills of the bottle and the pump is hanging in there, but for how long who knows... I'm at 20lbs of boost with no knock in any gears, but a little weary of pushing it any further.... If you come up with a remedy drop me a PM

Tony...

Guy's I'm changing over to Julios system.
I have a SMC older version on my car that is
in mint cond. If your interested PM.

I found a new replacement pump kit on ebay for $38.00 and free shipping. Pump is for an 87 Plymouth Mini Van and other Chrysler Products. The pump is identicle with the same part# as my old SMC Alky Pump. Advance and other part stores also cary the pump. The Number is E7012. If you do a google search you will also get hits on this part # from fuel pump suppliers. It is a gasoline pump and not an Alky Pump. I guess that is why they are not reliable for long life. The pump that came with my SMC kit has E7012 on the side of it. Same length, connector stabs, same pump. Check it out. They are available. Do a search using the part # on Ebay.
Thanks
Tim

So in other words the pumps that were used in the old style SMC kits weren't actualy alky pumps but instead regular car in tank fuel pumps?

I found a new replacement pump kit on ebay for $38.00 and free shipping. Pump is for an 87 Plymouth Mini Van and other Chrysler Products. The pump is identicle with the same part# as my old SMC Alky Pump. Advance and other part stores also cary the pump. The Number is E7012. If you do a google search you will also get hits on this part # from fuel pump suppliers. It is a gasoline pump and not an Alky Pump. I guess that is why they are not reliable for long life. The pump that came with my SMC kit has E7012 on the side of it. Same length, connector stabs, same pump. Check it out. They are available. Do a search using the part # on Ebay.
Thanks
Tim

Hmm, looked up that pump (E7012) on e-bay and it didn't look anything like the one I had to remove from mine. Wondering if that was a replacement pump that came out of mine or they made the kits with different kinds of pumps:confused:

ive used the chrysler pump in a few of the round bottle kits and those are identicle to the pump that was in there , and yes thay are just plain old fuel pumps which is why you want to be careful about water (rust) and alky corrosion when left sitting , they need lube in the mix

to install as it was you need an 1/8 NPT die to put threads onto the brass outlet nipple of the pump (be carefull not to break the nipple off , use vise grips to hold the nipple while you thread it ), you may also need to replace the 1/8 NPT coupling (had one pump nipple brake in the fitting)
a pair of long right angle needle nose pliers makes install a little easier and a crowfoot wrench ,
i found it easier to remove the electrical connection fitting that is threaded in the bottle then the pump fitting where it threads into the bottle and slide it out together
once out swap the pump and connect the wires (making sure terminals are tight ) and then reinstall into bottle

Tony

If you decide to do what pacecarta is talking about and don't have the 1/8 NPT die, lemme know. I got one here.:cool: